42

ROSE

The contraction did not stop as I went through another cramp, taking deep breaths as the pain was unbearable because of the strong cramps I had been experiencing.

There had been nobody who had stopped by the side of the road, as it had already turned dark.

I thought all hope was lost until a car stopped beside my car as a person stepped outside, and they headed towards me.

"I told you we would again, and not meet under such good circumstances." Nikolai had pulled open the door, as I almost let out a cry in relief, even if it was him who had found me.

"Did you predict this from reading your tarot cards or what?" I say through gritted teeth because It was painful, as no words could describe the wrenching pain I experienced.

"I wish. If the tarot cards worked, then I could predict all the movements from my enemies." He comments as he reached his hand out for me to hold.

"You won't hurt my children, right?" I ask him because Nikolai never seemed to lie.

"I don't hurt children, you have my word."

I managed to take a hold of his hand after he promised to not harm the twins as he helped me to stand up, and I noticed how dark it was outside since it was past evening.

Nikolai could see by the look of my face and my damp pants that I was going to give birth sooner or later.

"Let's see if these babies are going to be born on the first or the second of December." He mumbled under his breath and picked me up in a bridal style as he carried me to his car.

He put me down when we neared his car as he told me to lean against the surface of the car.

He opened the door then he pushed down the backseats as they became flat and they could fit up to five people at most, then he laid a thick blanket on top of the flat backseat.

"Lay down here." He ordered as I went to lay down on the flat surface on my back as he placed a pillow under my head in hopes that it would be more comfortable for me.

Nikolai picked up some tools shortly after stepped inside the car and closed the door behind him, not allowing the cold inside.

He dropped the bag of tools beside him as they consisted of a disinfection bottle, plastic gloves, scissors, clean white cloths, many water bottles.

"I will give birth here?" I ask as I breathed in deeply.

"We are in the middle of nowhere, and you won't make it to the hospital in time, but I already made a quick call to the closest hospital nearby as they will be here in thirty minutes."

"How did you even know that I was here?" I asked, taking harsh deep breaths in the process.

"I came to visit you in the mansion, and I was surprised when I did not find you there. I did my research and figure out that you had taken a car from the garage as the car has a GPS tracker. All of Lev's cars has GPS trackers." He explained while taking off my maternity pants along with my underwear, throwing them on the side.

He rolled his sleeves up to his elbows as he disinfected his hands and put the plastic gloves on, while instructing me to spread my legs apart because he needed to check how dilated I was at this point.

"Yeah... you won't make it to the hospital, you're already 10 cm dilated." He clarifies, which meant that I was in active labor.

The babies were coming as there was no backing out of this.