21

ROSE

"Marcella... calm down, I'm here, baby." Damian pulled her into his embrace while she was hysterically crying against his chest.

A group of people working for my father took care of the corpse, by putting it in a large plastic bag and closing it.

They carried the hitman who had tried to kill me out of Marcella's bedroom and down the stairs, as everyone was gathered in the living room.

Marcella sobbed louder as she hugged tighter around Damian, while they waited for a doctor to arrive to check on Marcella's health due to the baby she carried.

"How could somebody do that towards Marcella?" Clarissa took a seat beside me on the couch in the living room, while our eyes drifted between a hysterical Marcella and the body bag being carried down the stairs.

She leaned closer to me, and whispered, "It was you, wasn't it? You placed the corpse in her room because you're a jealous wife?"

I internally rolled my eyes while holding an ice pack against my forehead.

After Marcella saw the corpse on her bed, she came running and crying to us, and I pretended to faint in front of them at the mention of the word corpse, because I'm the weak daughter.

Lev had caught me in time before I hit the floor, but I didn't plan to hit the floor in any way that might harm the possible baby in my belly.

But Lev saw that I hadn't passed out when he carried me to the living room, but he played along to my game of pretend.

He placed me on the couch after I had "woken up" and gave me an ice pack to make it seem more real.

Now the man wasn't anywhere in sight, because he had gone to take a business call outside, once he made sure I was okay.

Now his ex-hook up suddenly invaded my space.

Why was she here in the first place at the business meeting? Because she was Damian's cousin.

Clarissa Fucking Knight.

"So, tell me, did you place the corpse on the bed?" She says in a low voice, but behind the low voice lingered a venomous tone.

"I don't blame you. Your husband cheats on you.. Your family hates you.. And your sister is far better than you..." Clarissa played with the tips of her brown hair, while searching for a reaction from me, a reaction she won't get. 

"Still, how could you be so cruel to your only sister? When she's always so kind towards you."

If Clarissa knew the truth about the corpse on Marcella's bed, she would try to end me, ruin me to the point of death.

And what do I have to do? To end her before she ends me along with my friends.

I turned my head to face her, and she wore a large smirk on her face, the red lip gloss on her lips glimmered.

"Do you want to know the truth?" I ask her slowly, because I waited for Lev to return before I got rid of her.

"Of course..?" She sounded doubtful, and she should be.

The moment I caught a glimpse of Lev entering the living room, putting his phone back in the pocket of his suit, while his gaze searched for mine, and I took action.

"But sadly, you won't ever get the truth from me." I uttered.

I dropped the ice back on the floor, covered a hand over my mouth, while my other hand fidgeted with my fingers, harming myself around the nails of my skin.