39

ROSE

We'll meet each other again, Rose Spencer."

"But it won't be under good circumstances."

A week later, after Kiara's funeral, Nikolai's statement continued to linger in the back of my mind even when I was sitting on the couch in front of my older brother, Stefano Spencer. 

As for my friends, Eli and Perry they returned to their respective homes since they couldn't stay here much longer.

Primarily after we figured out that one of Marco's accomplices had murdered Kiara while she was asleep in her bed as the accomplices had disguised themselves to be one of Lev's guards.

It was fucked up as Marco tried to kill those around me since he wanted to get rid every last trace of me on earth, like I had never existed in the first place. 

What was his purpose?

I sighed while staring at the table of the multiple photo albums that I had discovered in Lev's mansion. 

I thought I could come across a connection between Nikolai and Lev, but I didn't find any leads or clues yet.

I knew that Lev took Nikolai under his care, but I didn't know much beyond that. 

That's precisely why I returned to sipping on the cup of tea in my hand, as I couldn't make out a word of what my older brother was telling me, even if it was about the current situation about Marco Spencer. 

But from what I could make out, the situation was not good. 

Before Perry had left, he told me that the virus he implanted in Marco's business system was eradicated, which meant that Marco found out about the virus and destroyed it.

Furthermore, it appeared that Marco was beginning to question my death, if I really had died in the first place. 

"Marcella's baby shower is in two days-" Those words from Stefano's piqued my interest. 

"She's already having her baby shower?" I murmured, since I had completely ceased to care about her merely because of the situation between me and Lev.

"Her baby shower was a few weeks delayed because of some personal drama, but in two days she will host a baby shower in New York City with all her friends." He explained to me, leaning his back comfortably on the couch. 

"Time really flies by fast..." I rested a hand on my baby bump, realizing that I could give birth at any moment, since I had hit the eight-month mark. 

"And very soon I will have to give birth to my twins," I say with ease in my voice because the children's bedroom was prepared along with a variety of baby clothes and necessities. 

Lev had prepared their bedroom as he had been focusing wholeheartedly on it, even postponing business trips because he was staying up late into the nights and furnishing the twin's bedroom. 

But one thing that was not prepared had been the present status of mine and Lev's relationship, since our relationship wasn't legitimized.

Marriage was something I hadn't really thought about, not until Nikolai brought up the fact in regard to how important and significant the status of the wife was in the underworld. 

As a wife, you can be seen in public with him without anybody criticizing you or threatening your status. 

You're not seen as a whore or a prostitute, instead you're seen as the lady of a household, and the children you have are legitimized children who have a right to the inheritance.