19

ROSE

(Present moment.)

I stared up at the white ceiling of Perry's loft, and got lost in my thoughts as I had barely slept during the night.

I was sleeping in the guest room, but I didn't get much sleep during the night because I recalled the memories of three months ago.

The way I had broken Lev's trust, but he still helped me by getting rid of Marcella's friend, even listening to me vent about my feelings.

If I was him at that moment, I would kill me, that's how guilty I feel every day when I think of him.

He was nothing but kind and generous to me, always taking care of me, listening to me, showering me with gifts, and I fell for that.

Never once in my life had somebody treated me that way, and I was starved for affection, starved for the affection he gave me.

That did not mean that I would give myself to someone who gave me the bare minimum of so-called affection, but for Lev I was struck off my feet like a person in love.

I sighed, glancing at the curtains, since it was early morning and the sun peeked through the closed curtains of the room.

For the past two weeks I had stayed at Perry's loft since my friends saved me from being locked in Damian's penthouse.

I didn't want to get out of bed, but not for the reasons one might think.

I felt exhausted and nauseous, I thought I caught a stomach bug, but I didn't vomit, as my symptoms were rather mild and they were slowly fading.

I currently laid in bed, enjoying the quiet moment of peace, until Perry knocked on the door and walked inside.

He closed the door behind him, and took a seat on the edge of the bed.

"The sneaky little whore is awake," He says, and I couldn't miss the playful tone in his voice.

I kicked him in the ribs, but he caught my feet and started tickling under them. I ended up laughing, as he enjoyed torturing me.

He stopped once Looking at me by Sabrina Carpenter began to blast through the speakers in the kitchen, indicating that Kiara and Eli were making breakfast.

"They seem to have the time of their life." I commented because of the thud in the kitchen due to Kiara and Eli putting on a performance of a lifetime.

"Eli and Kiara are inseparable." Perry mentioned, and I couldn't agree more, since they are childhood friends.

Perry let go of my feet while his gaze grew concerned as he looked at me, because a few days ago, I only told Perry about how I lost my virginity.

He was disappointed.

Though he didn't yell at me, instead he booked a therapy session for me, and the funny part?

An hour later the therapist called and canceled the appointment even if they didn't have a fully booked schedule this month.

Perry tried another mental health clinic, but an hour later they also cancelled my other appointment, to the point I wasn't allowed to book at any mental health clinic in the entire country.

I was Rose Knight to them, married to Damian Knight. I was part of the Spencer family, and the Knight family through marriage.

I wasn't allowed to be near any mental health clinics.

I wasn't allowed to be seen at any mental health clinics, so they banned me from them. Because my father has a team of people surveying my movements, not unless I'm by Lev's side.