41

ROSE

After Lev had left, I was not sitting on the floor anymore, I was laying on the floor on my back.

I hadn't moved a single inch because all I felt was the agony of being left behind by somebody that I loved.

I had been laying on the floor for hours as the sun began to peak through the curtains, indicating that it was a beautiful weather regardless of the fact that it was the 1st of December.

It was the beginning of winter, but the end for mine and Lev relationship.

Not even the sunlight had been enough to make me get up from the floor.

I knew that if I got up from the floor and started my day, I would have accepted that Lev had left me in the middle of the night.

I could not accept that fact yet, I didn't think he had left me as I subconsciously was waiting for him to come back to me, and tell me that it had been all a nightmare, that it was not the reality.

I had fallen apart, and I wept for hours to no end, as my tears knew no limits while my heart knew no bounds to the love I had carried for Lev.

Lev was not somebody who would leave me, he was not a man like that, yet he left me without any explanation as he only told me to trust him.

How could I trust a person who keeps secrets from me?

A person who chose to walk away, and only come back a few weeks later.

Along the night, I had only gotten up once to take my phone from the nightstand. I returned to lay on the floor by the walk-in closet because I was waiting for him to call me and tell me the truth.

But the call never came as long and dreadful hours passed, he did not call me or text me, as I did not stop clutching onto the phone in my hand.

I could not rest because I was beginning to wonder how long I had been living inside a figment of my imagination.

Who was I without him in my life? And what would become of me when he was gone?

What would become of the twins?

My eyes were aching while I wiped away another tear because my eyes were swollen and most likely bloodshot because I had been sobbing until I could no longer let out another cry.

My gaze drifted to the clock on the wall as I realized that Lev had left me nine hours ago without any explanation.

If he gave me some sort of explanation, I could have understood him, but now he left me with nothing as he wanted me to wait for him and trust him.

Without meaning to, I checked my phone again and noted that I had no calls or texts from him.

I clutched tighter onto my phone as the feelings of hopelessness flooded me, because I had no idea that he thought so little of me, so little of the twins.

I went on social media because I was searching for the truth, maybe an article about him? Or a post about him?

I clicked on Lev's cousin, Nina's account as I scrolled through her recent pictures, but he was not in any of them.

Her account included pictures of herself or her lavish lifestyle that came from being born a Mikhaylov.

I clicked away from her account, but stumbled upon Oksana's account, Lev's other cousin that seemed to dislike me.

Her account was mainly pictures of herself, or her daughter, but in recent pictures, about three months back she had taken a photo with Ana as they were in Portugal, France, Switzerland.