34

LEV

It was in the middle of the night, and I watched as Rose slept in our bed, she took calm breathes through her nose while her chest gently fell and lifted.

I stood in the dark and watched her in front of the bed because I didn't want to stain the bed with blood stains from my suit, since I had been out all day, haunting and killing a person.

Twenty-four hours ago, someone had tried to kill Rose, but I felt at ease once I saw her blissfully curled up in our bed, it toned down all of my concerns and fears.

Rose had her hands placed on her large belly as she was carrying our children. I had noticed the little detail how much she was fond of rubbing her belly and talking to the twins.

I could look at her for hours without ever getting sick of it. 

There was always something new I found out about her, a tiny little detail about her that I couldn't get out of my mind.

It all began with her love to drink through straws, it was a must for her or else the drink didn't taste the same, her words.

After that, I noticed her love for dresses, she had an insane obsession with dresses, specifically summer dresses, and they had to be short to her knees.

But my favorite newly discovered detail about her was whenever she laughed, two dimples appeared on her cheeks, and I couldn't help myself but kiss her.

Not only was the sound of her laughter a drug to me, just her very existence became a cure to my wounded inner self.

I watched her sleeping on the bed for a few more moments, before I took my leave out of the master bedroom because even with a lack of sleep these past twenty-four hours since I had been out killing a person, I still had important things to do down the basement.

I strode down the staircase, checking on the watch on my wrist, because I wanted to show up at the perfect time in the basement.

When I was hallway through the dark living room, I felt a presence behind me from a distance, the presence of Rose because I knew her gaze, it was something I had gradually grown used to.

Another detail about her, she loved watching me from afar, it could be when I worked in my office or made us breakfast in the kitchen, she loved to watch me.

I walked out of the living room, and made my way through the dark halls, but I still felt her presence because she followed me as I could make out faint footsteps.

A few guards on the night shift greeted me, and I ordered them not to stop Rose from following me down the basement.

If she wished to follow me, she had every right because this was also her house, and I wasn't going to keep any secrets from her.

I stopped in front of a bookcase, taking out the red book, and pressed a very small button on the side of the book that was barely visible to the naked eye.

The entire bookcase moved because behind the bookcase was a secret elevator that was already open for me to step inside.

I entered the elevator that took me four levels down. I stepped out of the elevator when it reached the basement, and I walked through the halls covered in cement.

The basement was larger than the mansion, that had prison cells, torture chambers, interrogation rooms, and training grounds for my men that were in the Bratva.

It had a high level of security as nobody could get inside, and if the police ever found this place, the entire basement would collapse.

But Cordelia Mikhaylov, my step-mother and the second wife of my late-father, had made her way past my strictly high security, and tried to kill Rose.