14

ROSE

Three dreadful days passed, and I was grounded, I'm twenty-two years old, and I'm grounded by my father because I disowned him.

I was pacing back and forth in my bedroom in Damian's penthouse.

I was locked in, without a phone, laptop or TV, anything that had connection to the outside world, my father had even taken my passport.

I felt like a princess locked up in a tower because there was no way I could climb down from the penthouse, there were no edges to hold on to and the building was extremely high up in the air.

But If I managed to leave the penthouse, I couldn't leave the country because my father had my passport.

My father even took away all of my books. He first tore them apart with his hands, and after he threw them in the fireplace as another form of punishment.

But he didn't stop there, he tore apart all the dresses and burned them too, even the dresses Lev had brought me.

After that, he locked me inside the room as the servants came with my meals three times a day, but I had no appetite.

I couldn't get myself to eat because I was anxious all the time, and the skin around my nails were bruised and swollen.

I hated the man who called himself my father, I really hated him, and wished the worst death upon him.

Suddenly the door to the bedroom opened, interrupting my flow of angry thoughts, and three servants stepped inside, each of them holding onto a tray.

They closed the door, walked to the small table beside the couch and placed the trays on the table.

I halted in my steps because realization hit me.

I recognized the three people that were my best friends, but they were dressed as servants.

"Perry?" I whispered at the servant who had taken a seat on the couch and removed his wig along with his fake mustache.

Perry gave me a wink, before he put the disguise back on him.

"Eli?" I looked at the servant guarding the door, who gave me a small smile.

He had covered up his tattooed body with foundation, and the makeup on his face made him look old.

"Kiara?" I placed a hand over my lips as she made her way towards me. Her long dark hair was hidden behind a wig, as she also had makeup that made her look old.

Kiara pulled me into a tight hug, squeezing the life out of me, and I let her.

"We were so worried about you, when you lost connection three days ago, we knew that it had something to do with your family." She quickly explains, before pulling away.

The four of us has a group chat, and if one of us is offline for a few days without notice, something is wrong.

"It took time for me to hack into your father's phone, and when I read the messages in his phone about you, we came up with a plan." Perry informed me.

"But we gotta hurry, we only have-" Perry checked the watch on his wrist, "Ten more minutes."

Kiara handed me clothes and a wig. I put the servant attire on myself, then tied my hair and put on a short wig.

She quickly added a few wrinkles on my face because most of the servants that worked in Damian's penthouse were old.

Marcella didn't allow young people to work because she was afraid Damian would cheat on her.

"She's ready to go," Kiara says, giving Perry a thumbs up.

Eli opened the door, and checked in case somebody would make a surprise visit, but nobody was there, and we were good to go.

All of us stepped outside the room, making our way through the second floor, but it was empty with no one in sight.

We made our way down the stairs, laughing and giggling because the adrenaline was rushing through our veins.

If my father caught us, he would try to kill us. He hates when he can't control other people or situations.

"There's the elevator." Eli whispered as he was first in line, in case anybody tried to harm us, he would defend us because he didn't learn taekwondo for nothing.

Perry scanned a card key next to the elevator, and then Eli pressed on the elevator button as it opened for us.

The moment the elevator doors closed behind us, and we were descending to the lowest floor, we released the breaths we didn't know we were holding in.

"Oh shit... we did it again!" Perry high-fived Kiara because our friend group consisted of saving each other from unusual situations.

We had to bail Perry out of jail a few times and rescue Kiara from her ex-boyfriend that had an obsession with her, while Eli's life was the most peaceful.

"Wait until we're in the car, or else you might jinx it." Eli took a sharp breath in because all of us were terrified of getting caught, yet we had fun.

The elevator reached the lowest floor, and we made our way through the gigantic hall, and Eli was right, we shouldn't have jinxed it because Marcella was chatting with her circle of friends.

She hadn't spotted us yet because of our disguises, but at any moment she could.

"Rose, this is your golden opportunity to slap her!" Perry whispered in a hushed tone.

"Show her who's the boss." He added with a grin on his face. He didn't like her, none of my friends did.

I clenched my fist, and made my way to her, I patted her on the shoulder as she turned around.

"What do you want?" Marcella asks, narrowing her eyes in judgement because she thought she was talking with a servant.

"To ruin your pretty face," I say, before hitting her in the face.

I didn't slap her in the face, I punched her in the face, and she stumbled back, falling on the floor, holding onto her bleeding nose.

My group of friends began to cheer and applaud for me in the distance, while It felt freeing to be able to put all of my rage in that one punch.

"HEY! What are you doing?!" A security guard called out from a distance.

I didn't hesitate to run to my friends as we ran together out of the building where Eli had parked his Mercedes.

The security guard chased us, but didn't catch us because we had already jumped inside Eli's car and drove far away from the building.

Perry stuck his head out the window of the car, and yelled, "Better luck next time!"

We all ended up laughing, and I cherished this moment with my friends that I could call my family.

The only family I had left in the world.