8

ROSE

The honeymoon comes to an end, and we head back to New York.

That day, since Damian came into my room and crushed my heart, we hadn't spoken.

Luckily, Perry was by my side. He took me to the beach, we went on a private yacht, ate lots of ice cream and made friends because of his sociable personality.

But all good things must come to an end, because Perry didn't take the same flight as us.

He had to leave a day earlier since he goes to college, and keeping his grades up is important.

I cheered on him, because he was going to study for an important exam when he came back, but I promised I would party with him when he passed the exam.

He would pass, he always did, sometimes I wished he would share his intelligence with me.

Marcella also didn't take the same flight as me and Damian because she had a modeling gig scheduled, and flew to Japan a few days ago.

But she couldn't take the same flight even if she wanted to because the paparazzi would be waiting for us once we landed.

The plane had already landed, and Damian was sitting across from me.

He wore a nice black suit, clinging tightly on his body. A few straws of his dark hair covering his gray eyes as he studied the files in his hands.

I look away from him the moment he looks up at me, catching me staring at him.

This is what had happened during most of the flight. I look at him, he looks at me, and I look away.

He's handsome and captivating, but his heart was never mine and would never be mine.

When I was a teenager, I prayed that he would fall in love with me because I loved him, but then he went on to bully me, and my feelings fell apart.

Now we are married, and nothing has changed.

The flight attendant announced our arrival, eyeing Damian, but he didn't bother to spare her a look because he already had a lover.

At least he was a loyal partner to Marcella.

We stood up from our seats once the plane door opened, I fixed my short long-sleeved dress, and tightened my ponytail.

Damian stood beside me, his hand almost touching on my lower back, but he didn't make contact with it.

He led me down the stairs while the flashes of cameras were in every direction.

The paparazzi were asking questions, but we only smiled while we walked past them and into the car.

The moment we sat down inside the car, I released a breath I didn't know I was holding, the tips of my fingers began to scratch on the side of my nails while we drove away from the airport.

We were on our way to our new home, Damian's penthouse that had three floors, fifteen bedrooms, a pool, a personal gym and a helicopter on top.

The drive took about twenty minutes until we reached Damian's penthouse, and we climbed out of the car.

I followed Damian inside the highest building in the city, he scanned a card and was granted entrance, taking the elevator to the top floor.

We reached the penthouse, and I was envious of the view he had over the entire city.

I lived in Manhattan, but my apartment was nowhere compared to Damian's penthouse.

Damian showed me to my bedroom on the second floor. The room already had a king-size bed on the left side, while on the right was a small living room with a TV.

He gave me a quick explanation of what was off limits and what was not.

The third floor was his, and I wasn't allowed to enter, but the rest of the penthouse I could make myself at home.

"Behave, princess." Damian orders me, before closing the door behind himself.

I was left alone in the room, unpacked boxes of my things were placed in a corner, and I would unpack them another day since I was in a deep need for a shower.

I took off my tight dress, breathing heavily while taking my bra on and tossing it on the floor, until I was almost naked in my bedroom.

"I forgot to mention one thing-" Damian barged into my room without knocking, catching the sight of me naked in the middle of my room.

He froze, his hooded eyes roaming all over my body, and I felt exposed under his gaze.

But I picked up the lamp from the nightstand and threw it at him since I did not like the way he stared at me.

He can go and fuck my sister because that seems like a hobby of his. 

Damian closed the door in time as the lamp hit the door and shattered into pieces, but I wished the object had hit him. 

How was I supposed to survive living with him? I did not know.