27

ROSE

"The virus I placed within Marco's business system is slowly spreading itself-" Perry rambled on about the secret virus he placed in the system, to make Marco's business collapse.

But my mind was somewhere else, and I couldn't hear a word my best friend was saying.

My mind drifted back to Lev and Clarissa, especially the fact that they were expecting a child.

Lev had placed his hand on Clarissa's belly.

They had been shopping for baby clothes.

Clarissa announced to her friend, in the Café, that Lev was the father of her baby girl.

I couldn't live in denial anymore, and tell myself that it was a lie, when the truth had slapped me right in the face.

I told myself, 'It can't be true,' or 'That can't be Lev's baby.'

But it was the truth no matter how much I hated it.
The father of my children was going to become the father of another child in less than a month.

I hadn't realized that Perry had stopped talking, and was staring at me. The expression on his face told me that he knew what I was thinking about.

"Rose, It has been a week, and you're always thinking about that, should I find out the real truth for you?" He asks, because he knew that I was in denial about Lev and Clarissa.

In the back of my mind, I thought there must be another explanation.

"Isn't that dangerous?" I questioned him.

"It's always dangerous to hack into other people's medical files." He answered, lowering his eyes to the laptop on the coffee table, and began to hack into Clarissa's medical files.

We were sitting in the living room, in Perry's apartment and had been talking about Marco Spencer, but my mind drifted away, now here we are talking about something else.

"What exactly will you do with those files?"

"I will try to find if there ever was a DNA test done on Clarissa's baby," Perry says because of the confused look on my face.

"There must be a DNA test done on that baby, because It would be weird if Lev just accepted the baby without questioning it."

"And if he did accept her pregnancy without any questions or a DNA test, that would be pretty weird coming from him." He added, his eyes were glued to the screen of his laptop.

Perry's words made so much sense to me.

"Don't forget that Clarissa had dated four other guys during the time she supposedly hooked up with Lev and got pregnant." He rolled his eyes at the thought of her famous dating history.

"She was playing Russian roulette, but instead of using guns, she used dicks." Perry commented as we became the Clarissa hating squad because we simply did not like her.

"Now that sounds like the title of a sex-tape." Eli said as he entered the living room, taking a seat beside me on the couch.

"People would really enjoy watching that sex tape." I added.

"Not me, I hate porn, but I love a reincarnated historical manhwa, with a female lead that got hit by a truck and reincarnated as the villainess of the story." Perry said out of the blue.

Eli and I exchanged looks because we knew how much he loved reading a manhwa in the middle of the night.

"Anyway, we just have to wait a few minutes before I have access to her medical files, and we might find out who her baby daddy is." Perry leaned back on the couch, crossing his arms, and waited.