hidden wing folk

Deep in the forest, has a village of wing folk. The people there have wings of all different types and magic of different levels. The towns folk loves the sky especially one named Grian, with white/purple wings big enough for fast flight he loves participating in the tournaments and flight deliveries alongside their friends of feathers, Pearl, Zedaph, Jimmy and Martin.

On one night Grain couldn't sleep, not because of his friends, not because of the next week tournament, no, but of something he doesn't know.

As a Nick came from the door. He went to open it.

"It is the middle of the bloody night. What is it?" He said, tired not realizing who he's speaking  with.

"Hello to you too. May I come in?" The person of gold feather spoke.

"Uh sure. I'll go grab drinks." Grain went to the kitchen, that's when he realized who he is.

The person got in and closed the door.

"Water, milk, beer. What do you prefer your majesty?" Grain asked the prince. "Please sit."

"Water is fine thank you." The prince sat down on the sofa.

"Here. Now why are you here?" Grain asks.

"You were in the protection division, right?"

"Yes?"

"Time to put it in practice again." The royal said.

Grian shocked, the prince continues.

"Can we trust you again? To protect the village from outsider's wars?"

"Yes. He answered after calming down. "Yes, you can my prince."

"Good. After the tournament you'll be officially in, but since that started yesterday I worry about now." The prince told Grian.

"No need to worry, I'll keep a few on me." He replied, looking at the prince with confidence in his eyes.

The royal.smiles and put a box on the table, then he stood up to bow.

They both did and the prince left .

Grian knew what was in the small wooden box. His badge. He left it back at the department's building for them to know only when there's trouble, he comes back.

That morning whilst getting ready, Martin and Jimmy got into Grian's living room. They noticed the box and looked at each other.

Once Grian go or to his Living room, Martin stood right Infront of him.

"Hi Martin, Canary." Grain walks pass him unfazed. "I gave you guys a key for emergencies."  Grian grabbed the wooden box, opened it, grabbed his badge and placed it in his bag.

"How come your back in? And why now?" Jimmy asks.

"The prince is taking precautions." He replied.

"Why?"

"There's a war over the trees and in parts of the forest of far." He replied.

To be continued (probably)

-kriss