𝙲𝙷𝙰𝙿𝚃𝙴𝚁 1

𝙲𝙷𝙰𝙿𝚃𝙴𝚁 1 : ʟᴏᴠᴇ ᴏɴ ᴛʜᴇ sɪᴄᴋ ʙᴇᴅ, ɢᴏᴅᴅᴇss sᴇɴᴅɪɴɢ ᴡᴀʀᴍᴛʜ?

❤︎❤︎❤︎❤︎❤︎
“Mr. Luo, your tumor has already spread. We discussed at length and are in consensus that only a craniotomy can save your life!”

The doctor in the white coat had a cold expression on his face, his voice was as flat as a low-quality robot. It was as if the item in his hand was a lousy menu instead of an X-ray with bad news.

Luo Feng, who was sitting opposite the doctor, laughed bitterly. “What is the success rate of a craniotomy?”

The doctor adjusted his glasses and extended four fingers.

“40%?” Luo Feng asked.

Nearly 50% success rate?

Luo Feng was a little happy. This seemingly bad news was the best news he had heard recently.

“Four percent.” The doctor replied coldly.

Luo Feng felt like he had fallen into an ice cave the moment he heard that.

What was the difference between four percent and a direct declaration of death! Was there a need for a meeting to discuss this?

The doctor didn’t seem to notice Luo Feng’s expression of despair. “You still have slightly less than half a month if we treat it conservatively.”

Luo Feng could hear the urging in his words. He wouldn’t be of any help to the hospital’s financial gains as someone who was sent here by a caring person.

Moreover, to put it bluntly, treating him would be a waste of medical resources given his condition.

“I’ll do the surgery. If it doesn’t work out, you guys can take the organs that are still useful.” Luo Feng said as he propped himself up with the table and left the treatment room.

The tumor in his brain had almost drained all of his strength. His body was like a broken lantern made of paper. The slender bamboo strips would deform and break with just a tiny external force.

Luo Feng held onto the anti-fall handrail and slowly walked back to his ward.

He lay back on the bed and spat out the air in his lungs in pain.

He knew that he should contact his family to see them one last time and eat whatever he wanted according to the protocol, even though the doctor did not remind him just now.

Unfortunately, he had no family.

His parents had passed away early. Two relatives who wanted to inherit all his money since he had no offspring did come. However, they hid far away as if they were avoiding a plague when they heard that he was sick with nothing left.

Xing Miaomiao was the first name listed in his communication record.

She was Luo Feng’s ex-girlfriend. The two of them started dating in high school and got into the same university together. They have never separated even after their internship, so they were an enviable couple.

Xing Miaomiao was promoted from his girlfriend to his fiancée when they got engaged one year ago.

However, the irony was that Xing Miaomiao had never appeared again ever since Luo Feng discovered the brain tumor. She even canceled the wedding ceremony that was already on the agenda and drew a clear line with Luo Feng.