𝙲𝙷𝙰𝙿𝚃𝙴𝚁 44

𝙲𝙷𝙰𝙿𝚃𝙴𝚁 44 : ᴛʜᴇ ᴏʀᴘʜᴀɴᴀɢᴇ ɪs ɪɴ ᴅᴀɴɢᴇʀ, ᴀ ɴᴇᴡ ᴘᴀᴛʜ ᴛᴏ ᴡᴇᴀʟᴛʜ

❤︎❤︎❤︎❤︎❤︎
There were only a few things that could worry Ai Tingya and the orphanage was the existence she cared about the most.

“Why are you here?” Ai Tingya flipped her wet hair and looked at Luo Feng at the door in surprise. Then, she realized that he was pulling a cart of stationery behind him.

The flatbed cart was piled high with pen and paper, acrylic paints, and drawing boards. He probably almost emptied the stationery shop.

Xiao Fei stopped helping Ai Tingya wet her hair after seeing so much good stuff. She threw down the water ladle and ran over. She was even happier to see Luo Feng than her biological mother.

!!
Luo Feng handed the things to them and walked to Ai Tingya’s side. He rolled up his sleeves and took a water ladle. He scooped half a drop of warm water and poured it on Ai Tingya’s long hair to wash away the white foam.

The orphanage would not have a high-end water heater of course. If she wanted to wash her hair, she had to boil a basin of water and wet her hair herself.

The intense studies in the Third High School only allowed half a day a week for personal time for the students, so the three of them agreed not to do the tuition on Sundays.

Ai Tingya did not expect Luo Feng to come to the orphanage. She felt Luo Feng’s gentle movements and lowered her head, allowing his hand to pass through her hair.

After washing the foam, Luo Feng took a clean towel and helped Ai Tingya dry the excess water bit by bit. Ai Tingya did not use a hairdryer and let her hair dry in the wind in order to save electricity.

“Why are you suddenly here? You even brought so many things,” Ai Tingya asked again.

“Little Tingya has kept a secret from me. I’m here to find an answer.” Luo Feng smiled.

Ai Tingya’s face darkened. She clearly didn’t want to talk to Luo Feng anymore.

Luo Feng took her hand and said, “I’ll go ask Xiao Fei if you don’t tell me. I think she’ll be happy to tell me seeing how much paint there is.”

This could not be helped. Luo Feng would not have to spend any effort if Ai Tingya was willing to say it obediently.

Ai Tingya finally could not dissuade Luo Feng after hesitating for a moment.

The two of them walked under the apple tree. Ai Tingya slowly said, “Actually, the owner of the cake shop that the orphanage worked with previously is going back to his hometown and has sublet the shop to someone else. In the past, we would buy ingredients from the cake shop to make some cakes and sell them in the shop. Even though the money isn’t much, it’s a very important income to us. However, the new owner asked us to share the profits with him.”

Luo Feng asked curiously, “Is this considered a part-time job? You don’t have enough living expenses?”

“No.” Ai Tingya shook her head and said, “Our living expenses come from government funding and social donations, but it will only last until the age of 18. We will have a student loan when we reach adulthood and if we get into university. Those who don’t get in will go out and find a job. We can save the income from selling cakes for future use. You know that it’s very difficult for minors to find a job.”

Cake making was a part-time job that could be completed in the orphanage. Even the youngest child could save some money as long as they knew how to sprinkle sugar beans. This was how Ai Tingya saved her university tuition fees.