Challenge From The Year 2020

This is Part 2 of The Rainbow's Egg.

After the chaos of the Pagos Incident settled, the city of Toronto tried to return to normalcy. Keiko Katayanagi, exhausted from the evacuation training, had finally managed to drift off to sleep. Meanwhile, Ken and Kyle Katayanagi, her older twin brothers, were restless. Unable to shake off the unease that lingered in the air, they found themselves standing by the window, gazing out into the night sky. What they saw next would defy all explanation. A strange, glowing object appeared in the sky, its shape reminiscent of a UFO. Intrigued, the brothers tilted their heads, their curiosity piqued. As they watched, two CF-18 Hornets streaked across the sky, heading straight for the mysterious object. In a blinding flash of light, the jets were obliterated, leaving behind nothing but smoke and debris. Shocked, Ken and Kyle scanned the sky, searching for any sign of the pilots, but they were nowhere to be found.

As the news of the UFO incident spread throughout Toronto, Scott Pilgrim and his friends found themselves drawn into the unfolding mystery. Unbeknownst to most, they were already connected to it in a way they could never have imagined. Gathered in Scott's apartment, the group discussed the strange events of the night before. Scott, Ramona, and the rest sat. Alex Flowers, Ramona's twin brother, stood apart, his gaze fixed on the floor, a silent observer in the midst of the conversation. It was Knives Chau, Young Neil, and Matthew Patel who knew the truth about Alex, about his dual identity as both a normal guy and the powerful Ultraman Aegis. They had promised to keep his secret, to protect him from the prying eyes. As the discussion turned to the UFO incident, Scott couldn't shake the feeling that there was more to the story than met the eye. Glancing over at Alex, he caught his eye and nodded, a silent gesture of solidarity and understanding. For now, the secret remained safe, known only to a few loyal friends who would stop at nothing to protect their own. But as the events of that night continued to unfold, they would all be tested in ways they never could have imagined, their bonds of friendship and loyalty pushed to their limits in the face of an unknown and formidable enemy. As the group discussed the UFO sighting, Keiko Katayanagi's description of the object caught their attention. Scott and the others knew from their encounters with monsters like Neronga, Gomess, Godzilla, and Zanba that aliens could indeed be a potential threat to Earth.

Ramona: It's possible that whatever is piloting that UFO might not be friendly, we need to be prepared for anything.

Ramona remarked, her voice tinged with concern as Scott nodded in agreement.

Scott: Yeah, we can't let our guard down. Who knows what they're capable of?"

Wallace chimed in, his tone cautious.

Wallace: And what about Pagos? Why did it disappear, and what was that light blue chemical goo it left behind? There are still so many unanswered questions.

Gideon: We need to gather more information. Find out if there have been any other sightings, any patterns in their behavior. We can't afford to be caught off guard.

We cut to Envy Adams walking along the sidewalk, her younger brother Nathan trotting beside her, his hand firmly clasped in hers. The cool evening air brushed against their faces as they passed by the majestic Casa Loma, As Envy's phone buzzed with a message from Scott about the UFO sighting, she glanced down to read it, her brow furrowing in concern. Before she could reply, a sudden blur caught her eye, and she turned to see Nathan had slipped out of her grasp.

Envy: Nathan?

Envy's voice carried a note of panic as she looked around, but there was no sign of her brother. Frantically, Envy began to search, calling out Nathan's name as she scanned the area. Unbeknownst to her, a faint, light blue glow emanated from where Nathan had been standing, the same eerie residue that had been found after Pagos disappeared. As the realization dawned on her, Envy's heart raced.