Chapter 58 - My Heart is Beating Like This

I started receiving phone calls every day.

'Siwoo, answer the phone.'

It was my father.

We were never close enough to just talk casually.

Many times, I completely turned off my phone and avoided making calls.

Because I knew his intentions.

'Congratulations on advancing to the finals'

He would never say something like that.

He wouldn't call me during his busy schedule to say something nice like, "I'm so proud of you."

There was no support for me in the video message either.

I tried to deny it, but I became painfully aware of one fact.

I was an abandoned child.

Kang Siwoo engraved a phrase in his heart that kept flickering in his ears like an auditory hallucination.

'Live quietly.'

A quote from my father.

He told me that in middle school, around the time I first joined an agency to become a trainee.

'We will support you however we can, so please do not do anything to garner attention.

Live as quietly as possible.'

Thanks to this, I didn't grow up lacking any material resources.

As long as I wasn't a trainee, I would be supported in every way.

I never rebelled.

Participating in the Stardust Project was just my last regret, and I didn't have the intention to do something great.

But what should I do?

My heart is racing like this.

I doubt this is gonna work,

But I'll go crazy if I don't try.

Kang Siwoo let out a chuckle and muttered softly.

"Father, I don't think I can keep my promise."

It seems hard to live quietly.

I have already decided to stick with this program till the end.

No matter how much he urged me on the phone, I had no intention of leaving.

Instead, I was thinking about how to fulfill my center position perfectly.

I walked towards the dorm, feeling the frigid night air envelope my body.

I put on ear phones and repeatedly listened to the guide recording of 'Tied to you'.

"What type of tone would work best..."

In my head, I was constantly thinking of rap lyrics.

Even if it was 3:30 in the morning, rap-making was so fun I could stay up all night.

"Like a satellite orbiting, pulled by your gravitational pull - I spin around you -"

"You know it's too late to get out."

Siwoo quietly muttered the rap he had written during the day and smiled.

This is fun.

"It's better than I thought."