Chapter 69 - Rumors (1)

I leaned against the lounge wall at the back of the dorm building.

It would be awkward if I bumped Kang Siwoo, so I set myself up in a place where I'd be hidden.

Turrr-

Almost immediately after I pressed call, it was accepted.

I spoke my heart out in a clear voice.

"Why?"

I definitely wasn't delighted about Lee Dokyung's call. In the first place, we do not have a good relationship.

Moreover, just the thought of him calling me stresses me out.

-Congratulations...

"Pardon me?"

-Congratulations on your debut...

I rubbed my eyes in bewilderment.

I'm scared.

-What's up with your reaction? I can't even say congratulations?

"You're free to do it, but it will send shivers down my spine."

-Anyway, I'm not calling just to congratulate you.

I'm not stupid.

I frowned and slightly distanced myself from my phone.

Lee Dokyung would have been a member of Stardust if it weren't for me.

After falling by one place, all kinds of thoughts must have come to his mind.

The feeling of being unfairly treated and the bitter emotion of hopelessness.

You've done this your whole life, so you're at a loss as to what to do right now.

I know that feeling very well.

Considering Lee Dokyung's past actions, I don't feel sorry for him, but that doesn't mean I can't understand him.

Even so, this was not like younger Lee Dokyung.

No, wait a minute.

Why is his voice muffled...

-mmph... H-how is Siwoo?

Are you drunk or something?

"Have you been drinking?"

-...

Knew it.

-Suddenly, I'm thinking about that kid...

Lee Dokyung continued to stutter in a subdued voice.

-I was eliminated by a one rank difference, and Kang Siwoo was added? I'm too petty to even applaud him. I wonder if this is what karma is like... I should've been a better person.

There is no such thing as a drunken joke. I could smell honesty in his words.

I frowned and spoke in a sarcastic tone.

"I'm glad it only took you twenty years to realize that."

-Anyway, from now on, I'll be a little nicer, so I called Do Seohan for that purpose.

"Ah, great."

I responded appropriately to Lee Dokyung's words and prepared to hang up the phone.