eleven

*Aria's p.o.v*

When we entered the station I saw Maya walking up to the front desk. I stayed behind her not really paying attention to what she's saying until a girl police officer called us to follow her. We follow right behind her and were walking through this really white hallway. She leads us to this door which is locked and she sneaked through this little radio door thingy.

Girl cop: Maya and Aria Bishop are here

I looked up confused and I saw a familiar looking cop on the other side. He walks over to a button which opens the door to let us in. Wee walk inside and she approaches the cop.

Maya: I wanted to get here sooner, but I'm on call and we're not supposed to leave during shift.

The guy nods and he starts walking which made Maya start walking and I followed right behind. He leads us to a cell and he looks back at Maya and I.

Guy cop: Just take your time

I watch as Maya takes a deep breath and I still looked at her confused.

Me: So are you finally gonna tell me why we're here?

I watch as she turns around and looks at the cell. I stand there still looking confused as to why she won't answer my question.

Maya: That's him. That's definitely him.

Me: That's who Maya? Who is it?

Guy cop: I saw his name, and he looks just like you guys. SO I tracked down your number and called.

I got sick of her not answering my question so I looked into the cell myself. I couldn't believe who I was seeing. It was Mason.

Guy cop: I hope I wasn't overstepping. If it was my family, I'd want to know.

Maya: He's thinner. Did he ask for me?

Guy cop: He's been sleeping it off

Me: Wh-why is Mason in there? Look Maya I ca-can't do this right now.

Maya: Aria just wait please. *she turns back around and looked at the cop* And he was shoplifting for food, or?

Guy cop: Actually no, art supplies. He had about 20 tubes of paint stuffed in his pants. The owner's not pressing charges. Figured I'd hold him here tonight, let him go in the morning.

Maya: You'd do that?

Guy cop: He wasn't hurting anybody. I recognize him from my patrols. He lives on the street.

Maya: No. No, he's. Our brother likes to keep to himself, sure. He uh, he hasn't made the best choices. He's fine. He's not homeless.

Guy cop: When was the last time you guys have spoken to him?

Me: *I chuckle* That's a great question let me think about it. 12 *I laugh* twelve years

Maya: One.

Guy cop: A lot can happen in a year or twelve

Maya: I need to *pauses* I-I. He can live with me. I can help him

Guy cop: Not when he's like this. You guys won't even be able to hold a conversation.

Maya: Ryan, he's our brother.

Ryan: He's safe for now. I know you guys need to get back to the station. I just *pauses* I just thought you guys should know.

He put his hands on Maya's shoulder. Maya looks at him and goes in for a hug. They stayed like that for a second until Maya lets go.

Maya: Thank you

Maya tells me to follow her and we walk out of the station. We walk back to Maya's car and she drives us back to the station. Once we got back to the station I got out of her car and I took my backpack with me. I got one last glimpse of Maya's face and her eyes looks a bit red. We entered the station and she walks into the captain's office. I watch her for a second and I see her pick up someone's uniform off of the ground. I watch her as she drops it and she walks out of the room kind of pissed and she slammed the office door shut.

I went inside to knock on the door. I needed to apologize and asked if I had my job back. After a couple seconds someone opened the door. It was Jack. I look at him confused and saw Andy inside.

Me: Oh, I'm sorry I'll come back

I see Andy peeking out of the corner.

Andy: Aria?

Me: Look, I just wanted to say that I'm sorry for what I did awhile ago. It was out of line and I shouldn't have blamed you for what you did. I also did come back to ask if I co-

Andy: Could have your job back?

Me: Yeah *I gave her a little smile*

Andy: Aria what do you think the point of yesterday was? Of course you can come back to the job. And I forgive you but if you say anything about what you saw in here, you're gonna be on desk duty for a long time.

Me: Right mouth shut *I smiled*

Andy: Now go on and put your uniform on, your gonna be in the engine with your favorite girls *she smirks*

Me: *sighs* the word favorite is going a bit too far

Andy: Aria go

Me: Yes ma'am *I laugh*

I got out of her office and I went towards the locker room. I went to my locker and I put my uniform on. While I was buttoning up my shirt I heard someone come in. I looked over at the door and I saw Ben.

Ben: Aria Bishop is that you?

Me: The one and only

Ben: What are you doing here? I didn't think you'd come back after what happened this morning

Me: You know I couldn't leave my buddy here alone being called the 'new guy' *I chuckle a bit*

Ben: Okay okay Little Bishop that was a bit too far *he rolls his eyes* So what made you come back?

Me: I couldn't fill out the request to switch stations email. I don't know why but nothing would pop up in my head. The next thing I knew I got to the station.

Ben: Guess your brain knew you weren't done with this station huh

Me: I guess so. Anyways um I have to go find someone and tell them I'm back *I smile*

I went out of the closet and I started to look for them. I searched every room and every place in the station except the living room. I went towards the living room and there they were. Playing on the little VR set. I entered the room and watched as they were going into a fire that looked really realistic. I sat down on the couch and I kept watching them play.