twenty three

*Maya's p.o.v*

I tried calling Aria back after I had missed her call. I called her about 5 times before I started to get worried since she wasn't answering. I called Vic, Andy, and Jack to the lobby to try and call Aria but we keep getting sent to voicemail. I get even more worried so I told them to get in my car so we can go check on her. We all got inside my car and I started to drive fast to her apartment. Once we got to her apartment complex, we ran to her apartment floor. When we're on her floor we start to see some blood on the ground. I ran towards her apartment door and saw some blood on the door handle. I got my keys out and I start to unlock her door. When we opened the door, we saw Aria laying down on the ground bleeding out. I ran to her side and I noticed she was unconscious. I tried to find the where the blood was coming from to stop it, but there was just too much blood.

Maya: We have to get her to Grey Sloan right now.

Jack: Okay, let's go. I'll pick her up. 

I watch as Jack picks her up from the ground and we all rush back down to my car. Once we got into my car, I drove as fast as I could to the hospital. Once we got to the hospital, I parked outside of the ER. Doctors started rushing out and one of them was Dr. Bailey. 

Maya: Dr. Bailey, it's Aria. 

Dr. Bailey: Get a gurney out here right now!

I watch as other doctors bring a gurney out and Jack sets Aria down. They push her into the ER and we all stand outside watching what's going on. We watch as her heart rate starts flatlining and I look down at my hands which were covered in her blood. Andy takes my hand and we stand there watching as they try to get her heart rate back. Once her heart rate comes back, they push her out of the room and start running out.

Dr. Bailey: We're taking her up to surgery. She has too many injuries and we need to give her some blood. 

Me: O-okay. Dr. Bailey, please you can't let her die.

Dr. Bailey: We'll do everything we can okay?

I nod and I watch as she leaves. Andy pulls me away and into a bathroom. When we got inside the bathroom, she walked me over to a sink and she scrubbed Aria's blood off of my hands. Once all the blood was gone, I bursted into tears. Andy quickly grabbed me and wrapped her arms around me.

Me: I-it's my fault. I shouldn't have let her leave with him. Andy what-what if she dies?

Andy: Hey, she's not gonna die.

Me: You don't know that!

Andy: Hey, she doesn't need us giving up on her. Especially not now. So put on a brave face until we get news on how she's doing okay?

I nod as she wipes the tears off of my face. We walked out of the bathroom after I calmed down a bit and we met back up with Jack and Vic in the waiting room. We sat down and my legs and hands start to shake a bit. Andy notices and she puts her hands on top of mine to calm me down. A couple hours later, Dr. Bailey came out and I stood up once I saw her.

Me: How is she?

Dr. Bailey: Well she's out of surgery, but she did suffer really bad injuries. We found where the bleeding was coming from and I guess she got stabbed and it hit one of her arteries. Luckily, we were able to stop the bleeding. She also broke and fractured some of her ribs but we took care of it as well. She has a crushed pelvis and she'll need to stop any certain activities for awhile. She's pretty much out of it, but you guys can definitely see her.

Me: Okay *I smiled* thank you so much Dr. Bailey *I hugged her*

She hugged me back and once we let go, she led us to Aria's hospital room. She was connected to a lot of machines and her face was pretty bruised up. I walked over to her and I grabbed her hand and I held it. I pulled a chair and I sat down beside her bed and I just held her hand. I ended up falling asleep waiting for her to wake up. A few hours had passed and I started to wake up again. I looked up at Aria to see if she was awake and I see her eyes start to open. I stood up and I looked down at her.

Me: Hey *I smile*

Aria: M-maya? *she quickly opens her eyes* w-where am I?

Me: Hey hey it's okay. You're at the hospital. 

Aria: A-and Wyatt?

Me: He left before we got to your apartment

Aria: Maya you need to get out of here before he comes back.

Me: Hey, I'm not leaving you again and he's not gonna find us. The cops started a search for him a couple hours ago. They found out that you had a restraining order on him and since he assaulted you and violated the restraining order he's in a lot of trouble. He'll never come back here especially at a hospital.

Aria: Maya? I need to speak to whoever is on my case.

Me: Of course. It's Dr. Bailey, but can't you do that later?

Aria: I need to know what injuries I suffered okay? Please.

Me: Okay, I'll call her.

I step out of the room and I go over to one of the desks. I ask them if they could page Dr. Bailey and they agreed. Once I heard them call Dr. Bailey on the intercom, I turned around and headed back into the room. Before I went inside, I saw that Jack was in there holding Aria's hand. I leave them alone and I stood beside Andy and Vic in front of her room.

Vic: Are Aria and Jack dating?

Me: Um don't ask me, she never told me anything

Andy: I mean it makes sense. Why would Jack punch the guy before Aria left the station? Unless he punched him because he's jealous of him. 

Me: Wait Andy, how do you feel about this?

Andy: I don't really care, I mean if he's the one she's letting in right now then let it be him. She did just go through something pretty traumatic.

We keep on talking a bit more until Dr. Bailey goes inside Aria's room. I see Aria looking at the door open and she turns to Jack and tells him something and a second later Jack leaves the room. Jack stands outside with us and we watch as Dr. Bailey speaks to Aria.

*Aria's p.o.v*

I watch as Jack leaves the room like I told him to. I looked at Dr. Bailey and I told her to just tell me what's wrong with me. She tells me that I had gotten stabbed in one of my arteries, I had fractured and broke some of my ribs, I had a crushed pelvis, and I'll have some bruises for a while. I looked down and looked back up at her after I remembered one of my other questions.

Me: Dr. Bailey, what happened to the baby?

Dr. Bailey: I'm sorry Aria, the injuries you had suffered was very bad and your baby passed. 

Me: *with tears in my eyes* Oh, was that it?

Dr. Bailey: Was there anything else you needed?

Me: Do you think you can call in Jack? It's his. I never told him, because I had just found out a week ago.

Dr. Bailey: Jack Gibson? He's the dad?

Me: Yeah, please can you just call him in? Also, please don't tell Maya or the others about this.

Dr. Bailey: O-of course. Yeah.

I watch as she walks out of the room and calls Jack in. Jack walks in and I notice Maya looking through the window confused. I looked at Jack and I just started to cry. He walked over to me and hugged me and I randomly just felt safe in his arms. A couple minutes had passed and I finally stopped crying.

Jack: Hey, what's wrong Aria?

Me: Jack, I've been hiding something from you, but I don't want you to get mad if I tell you.

Jack: What is it?

Me: Jack, I was pregnant. With your baby and *voice cracks* i-it died. I guess Wyatt ha-had stabbed me and probably kicked me in my stomach. I'm sorry

Jack: Hey, don't be sorry *he sits beside me on the bed*

Me: Jack, I'm so tired. I tried to sleep but I can't sleep. I keep getting nightmares that he's here and that he's gonna hurt me

Jack: Hey hey it's okay. I'm here okay? *he lays down beside me and wraps his arms around me* You're okay. I'm here now okay?

I went a little bit closer to him and I just laid in his arms. I felt safe and the next thing I knew I fell asleep.