forty one

Author's Note:

Okay, so I guess there's a bit of a time jump between the last episode of season 2 and the first episode of season 3. I can't figure out how long, but I'm pretty sure it was 6 weeks. So, um a lot has changed since then. Also this chapter is gonna have a bunch of flashbacks just like in the ep, so if it's a bit confusing, I'm so sorry.

*Aria's p.o.v*

We had just gotten back to the station after a tough house fire call. I'm laying in my bunk and I'm scrolling through my phone. My finger is hovering over Andrew DeLuca's contact. I ended up pressing call and he quickly answered.

Andrew: Hey, babe. What's up?

Me: Hey. I just needed to hear your voice. 

Andrew: What's wrong? Did something happen?

Me: No, no. I just got back from a really tough call. I just need to hear your voice to calm me down. Where are you?

Andrew: I'm at Joe's. I needed a drink and cool off a bit.

Me: Everything okay?

Andrew: Yeah, yeah. Can we see each other though after your shift?

Me: Of course *I smile at my phone*

Andrew: You know, we should go out on a date again.

Me: That sounds great.

Andrew: What is this then? Our 6th date?

Me: I think so. Should we go back to that Italian place? Then go over to my house after?

Andrew: That sounds good, but I think we should sleep first before we go on that date.

Me: Okay, then it's a date!

We talk for a bit more until I got cut off by the alarm. 

Dispatch: Physical rescue. Motor vehicle into a business at 4397 Northeast Sequoia Avenue. All 19 units respond. 

I look over at my phone and I notice that Andrew had already hung up. I sighed and ran out of my bunk and into the barn to put my gear on. Once I got my gear on, I went into the engine and waited for the others to get inside. When everyone made it in, we started to drive to the scene. 

flashback

*two weeks ago*

We're all in the beanery cooking some food for Dr. Bailey and Ben. Jack is cooking some food while the rest of us are getting ingredients assorted out.

Jack: Taste. 

Maya: Ooh, that's good.

Jack: Yeah, spicy and sweet...like you

Maya: *laughs* Ew. 

Jack: Oh, you think you're salty.

Maya: I think we shouldn't compare me to your Bolognese.

Me: I think you two are disgusting. Get a room.

Dean: *clears throat* Okay, uh, maybe we could get some more cooking and a little less of- of that.

Maya: I told you. I told him. 

Andy: You did tell him.

Travis: I remember.

Dean: Okay, so, "I told you so"? That's the comfort you guys have to offer me?

Maya: Well, if it makes you feel any better, you're not alone. Nikki leaves a trail of broken hearts in her wake wherever she goes.