three

*Andy's p.o.v*

*At Grey Sloan Memorial*

I got out of the ambulance and I ran to my dad.

Me: 62 year old male and 27 year old female, found unconscious at the scene of a fire, possible smoke inhalation. They collapsed while on duty, arrested and resuscitated on the scene.

Dr. Bailey: Okay

I separate away from Aria and watch as Maya went with her. I stayed where my dad was at and I watched as they moved him onto the hospital bed. I watch as they start treating my dad. I walked out of the ER with Jack following right behind me.

Jack: You should get some O2

Me: I'm fine

Jack: No you're not.

Me: Yeah. Okay, you're right. I'm really not.

Jack: You're mad. Me too. I'm mad at myself.

Me: No you, you shouldn't have split off on your own. You should've been paying more attention.

Jack: I was paying attention. I saw a kid's room. You know how kids hide.

Me: You- you do this. You- you jump into things without thinking them through, without consulting anybody first.

Jack: Don't do that. Don't mix it all up.

Me: I'm not mixing up anything. You were careless and reckless.

Jack: You're mad about before. The ring. And now you're scared about your dad.

Me: Are you kidding me? You think I care even a little about a stupid engagement ring right now when my dad or Aria may not wake up?!

Jack: No that's not

Me: You left them in the middle of a fire!

Jack: I know! I know!

He walks away and I notice Dr. Grey walking towards me and calling my name.

Dr. Grey: I heard your dad was down here. I just wanted to check in. Bailey's taking him up for an ex-lap, and I thought I would join. You okay?

I hear a door open and I see the team coming out of a room. Maya was looking at me. She starts to walk towards me as the team was walking away. She kind of has tears in my eyes I'm wondering if it was about Aria or my dad. When she got over to us she gave me a big hug. I hugged her back but once she felt me hug her she started breaking down. Meredith led us both to a little room and shut the door.

I let go of Maya as we got in the room. Meredith turned around and we both looked at her. Maya started breaking down on the ground. I tried to keep it together but the tears started coming out.

Meredith: Okay, that's enough. Put your game face on. We got your dad. Now you go be brave for him.

Me: *I wipe my tears* Okay *I take a breath before we left the room.

Maya: Andy, I have to tell you something.

Me: Wh-what's up?

Maya: Ar-Aria. She's um she's my sister. A-and I don't know how she's doing. I didn't tell anybody

Meredith: Aria Bishop?

Maya: Y-yes

Meredith: She's stable for now, but she has been losing her pulse every no and then. But she's okay

Maya: *she nods* t-thank you

I hug Maya one more time. After we hug we went to the lobby to go meet up with the rest of the team. Once we got to the lobby we sat down with the rest of them and Maya and I waited anxiously. We look over at Dr. Bailey and Dr. Grey walking towards us. Maya and I quickly stand up waiting for them to say the news.

Dr. Bailey: They did great

Me: Thank you so much

Meredith: Andy and Maya, I need to speak to you guys alone for a minute.

I went and spoke with Meredith. She told me the bad news. My dad has cancer. That's why he passed out.

*Maya's p.o.v*

After Dr. Grey talked to Andy she called me next. I walked towards her.

Dr. Grey: When we examined Aria going into the ER we noticed that her mouth was blue. We figured it was from the smoke inhalation but she had an asthma attack. Also, the reason her heart kept stopping was because she had a heart attack. We immediately performed surgery to get a new blood vessel to connect to her heart. She's fine but we want to monitor her for a couple days until she's ready to go back out onto the field.

{Authors Note: Don't take any of that paragraph serious. I tried doing some research but I'm still probably wrong.}

Maya: O-okay. Do you think I can see her?

Dr. Grey: Yeah she's in the room beside Andy's dad. Just follow Andy she knows where to go.

I did as she said and I followed Andy. We both walked to their rooms scared for what's waiting behind the doors.