forty eight

*Aria's p.o.v*

I look up at him and he just looks at me. I start to get scared and I feel my eyes starting to water. I looked down at my lap and tears just start streaming down my face. I felt his hand lift my chin up, so that I could look up at him.

Andrew: What's wrong? Why are you crying?

Me: A-Are you mad at me?

Andrew: What? No! I could never be mad at you baby. I'm just shocked, but I want to do whatever you want to do. It's completely your decision.

Me: Um, I wanted to keep it, but with my job I don't want to risk anything happening to the baby.

Andrew: Okay *he slightly smiled*

Me: Do you want me to keep it?

Andrew: Aria, I told you. Whatever you want to do, I'll be right here supporting you.

Me: I do...want to keep it. But I'm scared

Andrew: Why are you scared?

Me: That I'll do something wrong. That I'll mess up. That he'll come back

Andrew: Who? Who will come back?

Me: My ex. The one who beat me up to the point I almost died.

Andrew: Don't worry about him. You have me now. I won't let anyone hurt you. I promise.

Me: So...we're doing this?

Andrew: We're doing this *he smiled*

Me: I love you, so much

Andrew: I love you too and our little baby. Now let's get you off of the floor and put some dinner in your stomach.

He got on his knees to steady himself a bit and he helped me get up off of the floor. He held my hand and he walked me into the kitchen. I watched as he grabbed two plates and filled it with some food. I smiled at him and the thought of expanding our family. He placed the food down in front of me and gave me a kiss. I smiled as he pulled away and he crouched down. He looked at my stomach, asking for permission to feel it and I nodded.

Andrew: *whispers* I love you already. You and your mom are the most amazing thing that has ever happened to me.

He kisses my stomach and stands back up. He smiles at me while he sits back down on the chair and I watch as he starts to eat.

*after dinner*

Andrew and I are both laying in bed, after we changed our clothes and brushed our teeth. We're having a conversation about the baby and his hand is laying down on my bare stomach. I put my hand over his and he smiles at me while he's talking.

Andrew: So, baby do you think you can get off work tomorrow?

Me: Yeah, we do need to see an OB soon.

Andrew: You're fine with it being Carina right?

Me: Yeah. Should we make it a surprise though?

Andrew: Of course *he smiled* Are you sure you want to tell her without Maya?

Me: Yeah. It'll be nice to give them separate surprises.

Andrew: Do you have any ideas?

Me: Well, I didn't know what you wanted to do for Carina, but for Maya I found this really cute little turnout baby jacket and I thought it'd be nice to give it to her as a surprise. We can stop by at the station and tell her and then maybe tell the team?

Andrew: That sounds like a great idea. I can't wait to see our little baby.

Me: I can't wait either

Andrew: I can't believe that I'm gonna have a mini you running around our apartment