fifteen

*Aria's p.o.v*

It was my next shift and I got up early to head to the station. I'm always the first one there so I changed into my work out clothes and I went to the gym. I started with my daily workouts until I hear more people coming in. Once I hear a lot more commotion, I stop my workout and I go into the beanery for some water. Once I got there, everyone is usually inside eating and talking.

I went over to the fridge and I grabbed a bottle of water. When I turned around everyone was looking at me and I looked at them confused.

Me: What?

Vic: How long have you been here Little Bishop? And why are you so sweaty?

Me: Half an hour and I just finished my workout.

Vic: Do you want to eat before we start cleaning and fixing the trucks?

Me: No, I'm good *I smile* 

I left the beanery after I grabbed a granola bar and I went into the locker rooms. I took a quick shower and I changed into my uniform. I went to the barn and I saw everyone working there. I heard Dean telling Maya that Jack and Andy had left Travis in charge. 

Maya: You are looking sharp, Montgomery.

Travis: Bishop, can you check the bottles and make sure that they're all topped off? Miller. Are we all stocked up on cleaning supplies?

Dean: Did you get your uniform professionally pressed?

Travis: Also, I'd like a complete list of inventory on my desk by 11.

Dean: You did *laughs* You starched your collar. You know this is only for one shift, right? 

Vic: Hey.

Travis: Hey.

Vic: Hey, so, I was looking at the new vehicle assignments. 

Travis: Yes. A finely honed balance. Each individual assignment carefully, purposefully selected. 

Vic: right. So, I was thinking that, um, since you're acting captain, don't you want to be on truck? Instead of Aid Car? The captain should be on truck, right?

I turn around and looked at them confused. I looked at Vic but I turned back around.

Travis: Right. Yes, you're right. 

Vic: Yeah.

Travis: I should be on the truck.

Vic: Duh.

Travis: Thanks. Thank you. Can you do Aid Car?

Vic: Oh, whatever you want.

Travis: Right. Thanks.

Vic: Yeah.

I shut the cabinet door of the truck and I clear my throat so vic could turn around. When she turned around we made eye contact, but then she walked away. I went to go find Travis and when I found him I called him over.

Me: Hey Montgomery.

Travis: Little Bishop

Me: I have a request if that's alright

Travis: What is it?

Me: Is there any chance that I can go on the Aid Car with Hughes today?

Travis: Why?

Me: No reason. I just want to do it with her. Please *I smile*

Travis: *squints his eyes* fine 

Me: *I smile* Thank you!!