six

*Aria's p.o.v*

I looked up and I saw Maya. She sat down beside me and she just looked at me. She wiped my tears away and my heart started to hurt again.

Me: D-don't do that. I don't need you. I never did.

Maya: Aria, why do you hate me so much?

Me: You know why

Maya: No I really don't

Me: You don't know what happened to me when you left.

Maya: Then what happened?

Me: You promised me that you wouldn't leave. You said that you would get us out of there. You lied to me! When you left it was like dad lost his most valuable trophy. Maya, I got into the olympics too. I wasn't like you but I still won. Not gold, but I won. You asked me at the hospital when did I have heart compilations and asthma attacks. It was the day of the race. I had came in second place. Dad was yelling at me in front of everyone. I couldn't even keep my eyes open and all I heard was him screaming at me. The next thing I knew I collapsed. I woke up in the hospital with doctors telling me that I was lucky to be alive. Mom was gonna call you.

Maya: I-I didn't get a call though

Me: Because I told her not to. When you left I didn't want to hear about you ever again. Hell I didn't even want to see you again. I waited for a year for you to come back. I realized you weren't, so I stopped thinking about you. All the memories of us turned into anger. You and Mason were supposed to take care of me, but instead of doing that you guys abandoned me. Maya I almost died that day. I was thinking that if I did die it was gonna be my revenge to you for leaving. But I remembered what you said about fighting so I fought and fought to be alive. Soon, I was able to get discharged and we went home. Dad gave me one day to rest. One. The next day after that it was back to ice buckets and training. I was in so much pain but I pushed to be as great as you. I pushed so he could look at me like he looked at you when you won first place. I pushed until I couldn't anymore.

Maya: What do you mean when you couldn't anymore?

Me: I just graduated and the day of my graduation, dad didn't want me to go to the after party. He said he wanted to 'train' some more. He said this would be my career. When I told him "no" he punched me. I had a black eye so I finally got sick of him and I packed a few things and took all the cash I had and I went to see my friends. I told them what happened, because they saw that I had a black eye and they gave me some money. I stayed in one of my best friends house until I got a job. I earned some more money so that I could rent a decent apartment. Then I joined the academy. I was the best there. I beat everyone's times. I was better than my fellow men classmates. There was about five of us women in there but I was the best. When I graduated I found out that I got assigned here. I researched some things about the station and I found out that you worked here. I thought that we wouldn't have the same shift but I guess I was wrong. Then I saw you again and all the anger built inside of me wanted to come out. I didn't want to do that in front of your friends so I didn't.

Maya: Aria-

Me: Hey I still don't like you. I don't care if I opened up to you today, but the anger that's in me right now is because of you. I don't want to work here anymore. I'll turn in my resignation today. I'll ask to with to a new station. I don't think that I can manage to see your face again, because all I want to do is scream at you.

Maya: Aria you don't have to quit because of me

Me: I don't care. Your whole life is basically here. If I ever argued with you in front of them, they'll have your back. They're your friends. Your family. I'm just the new guy. So I'll leave.