twenty five

*Aria's p.o.v*

A week has passed since I have been discharged from the hospital. I haven't been back to my apartment since the accident, so I've been staying with Jack and Dean at the houseboat. I finally got out of the house one day and visited the family that Wyatt had crashed into. I brought them some flowers and just stayed with them for a couple hours. After that day, Jack has been watching me eat, sleep, and shower. No one will let me get back to work and it's making me kind of irritated. I get up from the bed after tying my shoes and I go outside, where I ran into Dean and Jack.

Jack: Where are you going?

Me: I'm going back to work

Jack: Aria, you can't

Me: I'm going. I'm getting sick of being here and you're really irritating me Jack. We're not together and I don't need you taking care of me.

I get out of the houseboat and I got inside of the uber I had called. It took us a few minutes to get to the station. Once the driver had dropped me off, I got out and I thanked them. I walked inside of the station and nobody was there yet as usual. I walked towards the locker room and I put on my uniform. Once I got everything on, I went towards the beanery. I was grabbing something from the fridge when everyone just came inside. 

Jack: We only have a couple of seconds

I close the fridge after I got some cream cheese for my bagel. I looked up to see what they were talking about and everyone looked at me.

Maya: Aria? Why are you back here so early?

Me: The same way Jack is *I smile*

Maya: You need to be at home resting.

Me: Well I'm sorry, I don't want to do that

Jack: I'm throwing a party after shift for Dean. Our place. It's his birthday.

Me: Thanks for the subject change *smiles*

Andy: Miller hates his birthday.

Jack: I want to do something nice.

Travis: By throwing him a party that he won't want at his own house. Totally.

Jack: People who say they don't like birthdays are the ones who usually actually want something special, right?

Travis: That has not been my experience

Me: *I look over at Vic who has a shocked face* You alright Hughes?

Vic: Nope, okay. Nope. Nope. Not hearing this.

Jack: What? Come on.

Vic: Actively un-hearing this. No, I'm really sort of extremely terribly bad at secrets, so

We all turn around and see Dean walking in. I turned my back around to see Vic stuffing a muffin in her mouth and I try my best not to laugh. 

Dean: Vic's got a secret. Uh-huh. I give it about five minutes. 

Dean walks up to stand beside Vic and Vic tries to look at the rest of us, trying her best to ignore Dean. 

Dean: All right, yeah.

I turn beside me to see Maya smiling while she's slowly pulling something out of the cabinet. I grabbed a knife to put my cream cheese on my bagel and I looked up at them with a smile. Dean steps a bit closer to Vic which takes the awkward smile off of her face. He keeps going closer so that Vic can tell him her secret. 

Vic: *muffled* Happy birthday, Miller.

Dean: What?! 

Vic: Jack's throwing a surprise birthday party to celebrate.