thirty three

*Aria's p.o.v*

It has been three days since I've been sleeping over at Maya and Andy's place. Maya has been going to work while Andy stays at home with me. They've been tracking what I've been doing and it's getting annoying, but I know why they're doing it. A little bit later today I have to go meet up with Diane who's a psychologist and a trauma specialist. 

*a couple hours later*

Andy gave me some clothes to change into and when I finished changing I left the apartment. I got into my car and drove to the station where I have to meet Diane. Once I got to the station, Captain Sullivan let me into his office where Diane was sitting in a chair. She stands up when she sees me and she smiles.

Diane: I'm Diane Lewis it's nice to finally meet you Aria Bishop *she smiles*

Me: Uh yeah it's nice to meet you too Diane *I smiled back at her*

Diane: So, let's get started shall we *points at a chair for me to sit down on*

I walk over to the chair she pointed at and I sat down. When I sat down, I looked at my lap and watched as my legs started to shake. I play with the rings on my fingers and I just kept looking down.

Diane: You don't have to be nervous. I'm just here to listen to what's going on and whatever happens it'll let me approve or disapprove of you going back to do your job. 

Me: Why do I have to do this again?

Diane: So you can go back to your job. I know you want to, because if you didn't you wouldn't be here right now.

Me: Oh right.

Diane: Why don't you start by telling me what happened to your hand.

Me: Well, I became really depressed and by my sister's words I was in self destruct mode.

Diane: *nods her head* Mhm

Me: I worked out a lot and pushed everyone away. One day I got injured pretty badly and I was bleeding heavily and I got help.

Diane: What made you workout a lot?

Me: To get away from life I guess. I don't know.

Diane: 'To get away from life' can you explain that to me?

Me: I was in um a relationship. He left to get better or something I'm not sure, but that took a really big toll on my life I guess. Before he left, someone from my past came back. He wasn't a nice person and he did awful things to me. He sent me to the hospital and I don't think I've recovered from the trauma yet. 

Diane: That's sounds awful. I'm so sorry that happened to you. Do you mind telling me what happened if you're comfortable?

Me: Um he uh beat me up pretty badly. I had a miscarriage because of him and I uh I guess working out made me forget all of the things that happened, but talking about it with you makes it more real that it happened. I haven't been sleeping well lately, because of it. It might seem funny, but I get nightmares that's why I'm scared to fall asleep.

Diane: That's not funny at all. You've suffered something that a lot of people haven't gone through. You have a right to be afraid to go to sleep, but that's why I'm here. To help you get the rest you deserve.

We kept talking for a bit until the session was over. Diane had left the station and for the first time I felt free and safe. I wasn't worried about anything and the session really helped a lot. I kept thinking more about what we talked about and calming down my nerves. 

Author's note

Idk how I feel about this chapter but there's probably gonna be another small time jump in the next chapter. Sorry it's a bit short but I wanted to write about her finally getting some help and seeing someone so that's why I didn't add anything else other than the session.