twelve

*Aria's p.o.v*

Vic. I was watching Vic as she was going through this fire simulation. It looked pretty intense and realistic. I kept watching her until she gets to these two doors. She 'kicked' one open and there was nothing there until the second one. Once she 'kicked' the second door open there was a fire that bursted out of the door. I watched as she took off the headset and threw it onto the couch. She started to breathe really fast and I got worried. She finally realized I was there and I gave her a look.

Me: You okay?

Vic: Yeah, of course. It's just a game.

Me: It must be pretty intense if you acted like that. You want some water?

Vic: Yeah, no I told you I'm fine.

Me: You know for someone who stayed in my house last night you have a really big attitude right now

Vic: You got mad at me remember. I don't need your help.

Me: Look, I'm sorry okay. I didn't mean what I said.

Vic: Whatever Aria it's all good.

I nod at her and I left her in the living room. I went back to the locker room and I started doing some laundry. After I put my laundry in the washing machine I walked out and I went into the kitchen. I made myself a quick sandwich and I went and sat at the table. I took out my phone and I started watching some random videos. After I finished eating my sandwich, I stood up and I started walking through the lobby when dispatch comes on.

Dispatch: Station 19, response. Fire alarm.

As soon as I heard I ran into the barn and I put on my equipment. After I got it on, I went inside and waited for everybody else to get inside the engine. Once they all got inside, we started to drive to the scene. I looked at Vic and she still looks a bit shaken up. The next thing I knew we arrived at the scene and we all got out.

Andy: Okay guys, we've been here before. Smoke's centered in the rear Delta side. That's where the kitchen is. Any sign of the sisters?

Jack: No sign

Dean: It's early. They were probably sound asleep when the fire broke out.

Maya: They may have no idea.

Travis: Between the smoke and the carbon monoxide, they may be unconscious.

Andy: Okay, Hughes and Little Bishop, search and rescue. Get in there and find them.

Once Andy told us that we're finding the civilians, Vic and I started making our way into the house. Before we got into the house we saw someone coming out. We made our way to her before she could fall.

Andy: That's one of the sisters.

Travis: Get a gurney over here!

We handed the civilian to Travis and we put on our helmets and made our way inside. We went upstairs and we started to look through the bedrooms. I watched as Vic went into the bathroom and I checked another room.

Vic: Clear!

Me: Clear. No sign of her yet.

We kept making our way down into the hallway and after we checked all the rooms Vic radioed.

Vic: *into the radio* Upstairs is clear. Deborah is not up here

We went downstairs and we started checking more of the rooms.

Vic: Come on Bishop, I know she's in here somewhere. Listen carefully. Listen for a cry.

Me: It's hard to hear over everything

She motions for us to take off our helmets and mask so that we could hear better. We both took ours off and we started to listen for the civilian. We start to scream her name to try and get an answer.

Vic: Deborah!

Me: Deborah!

Vic: Debo- maybe she's in here

She starts to walk over to a door she was gonna open until a fire suddenly reignites. She stumbles into me and I catch her before she loses balance.

Maya: Woah, woah, woah!

Dean: Woah. What the hell?!

Maya: We got a re-ignition in here!

I look at Vic as she held on to me tight and we fall onto the ground. I looked at her and I see her face in shock.

Me: Hughes?

She started to breathe really hard and I was getting worried. I kept trying to call her name but it was like she couldn't hear me.

Me: Vic!

Jack: Recharge the line!

Andy: Get some more water pumping in here!

I watched as her breathing kept getting louder and louder and I stood up making her stand up with me.

Me: We're gonna get out of here! We're off bottle!

They nod as I helped Vic out of the room. Once we got out of the house we started walking and Travis ran to us.

Travis: What happened? Is she okay?

Me: I don't know. Fire just started out of nowhere.

Vic: I may have burned my ear a little

Travis: Yeah, it's a little red. Let's get some ointment on it

I watched as Travis led her to the ambulance. One of the civilians was laying on a gurney and Vic sat down in the ambulance.

Travis: What about you Bishop? Are you okay?

Me: Fine. Yeah, just fine.

Civilian: Have they found my sister yet?

Travis: Sue, please keep breathing into your mask, okay? You inhaled a lot of smoke

Sue: My sister is in there! Why haven't they found her?!

We all hear an explosion coming from inside the house that made all of our heads turn. I keep watching the door and I see Maya and Andy coming out of the house with a civilian choking on something. I watch as they put her on the ground and I guess started to intubate on her. I watched as Andy and some of them started shaking their head but I watched as Maya kept doing CPR. Then a minute later the civilian started breathing again.

I watch as Maya leaves the scene and goes to the engine to take off her equipment. I tried going up to her but Andy beat me to it. I decided to listen in on their conversation because Maya looked a bit stressed.

Andy: Is it because of the coaching thing? Are you upset about that?

Maya: Nope. You can't help people who don't want it. And even though I always try, I should know better.

Andy: It was an off-handed comment. I was tired and frustrated. I wasn't trying to... pull rank or anything. But you've been out of sorts all day.

Maya: And you've been out of pocket.

Andy: Is it something I did or I-I said or?

Maya: You know, not everything is about you.

Andy: then tell me. Talk to me. What's going on?

I watched as Maya stopped talking and she walks away. I was a bit confused at what was happening but I felt like it was about Mason and what happened. I went back into the engine and I buckled up. Once everyone got inside, we all made our way back to the station. The ride back was really silent coming from every single one of them.