eight

*Aria's p.o.v*

Ben was helping check me out. Maya tried, but I told her no so Ben stepped in.

Me: I faced death

Ben: Yes you did

Me: And I didn't die

He puts the oxygen mask back on my face to make me stop talking. Everyone was talking and I looked over at Vic getting checked. Then we heard the captain was at the station so everyone gathered around him. He started saying that we made the news and he wanted someone to tell what happened. Maya started explaining to him what happened and I decided to walk away. I was sitting on the stairs when I saw Vic running up.

Me: Hey, thank you for getting that song stuck in my head

Vic: We did face death

Me: Yeah *chuckles*

Vic: I've never gotten that close to death before. Knowing *pauses* it could all be over right then

We hear the door of the lobby open and we both looked up. We looked at the door of the barn and we see Ben entering the lobby.

Ben: Tuck?

Tuck: Thought I'd stop by and say hi before school started, take you up on seeing that fire truck

Ben: Absolutely, yeah. Let's go.

Dispatch: Aid car 19. Single response needed. Possible man down. 1647 Grace Road

Dean: Warren you up for one more before the shift ends and we go out day-drinking?

Ben: Um.. nah, my my kid's here, so, you know

Tuck: Dad. Are you kidding me? This is your job. You got to go.

Ben: Miller wait up!

We watch as Ben leaves Tuck behind and follows Dean. I looked over at Vic after Ben left.

Me: I'll see you later, I have to do something *I smile*

Vic: Okay, bye little Bishop

I went down the stairs and I went to the living room. I sat down on the couch and I leaned back. I closed my eyes and I felt my body relax. I heard dispatch calling for the rest of the trucks. I didn't have the energy to go so I stayed behind.

*half an hour later*

I hear the trucks come back in and park. Everyone gets out and the place starts to get noisy again. I opened my eyes and I stood up. I went over to my locker and I grabbed my backpack. I grabbed my resignation form and I walked over to the captain's office where I saw Andy sitting in. I knocked on the door and she told me to come in.

Andy: Aria? What are you doing here?

Me: I just need to hand you something. *I hand her the form and I looked up at her*

Andy: You're resigning? Did you tell Maya?

Me: I don't need that talk right now. Just take the form and I'll fill out a station switch tomorrow. Have a nice day Captain Herrera

I walked out of her office and I walked out of the station. I took a deep breath and I got into my car. I drove to my apartment complex and when I arrived I went straight to my apartment. Once I got inside, I changed into some new clothes and I laid in my bed. I ended up falling asleep really quickly and I got comfortable under my sheets.

*Andy's p.o.v*

I called Maya and Vic to tell them to come over to my house saying that I needed some company. Once they arrived, I went outside and brought some beer out and we sat on the patio.