twenty seven

*Aria's p.o.v*

I get to Dean's houseboat to celebrate our little Friendsgiving day for our day off. I was the first one to get there and they wouldn't let me do anything, so Jack made me stay in his room. I laid down on his bed and scrolled mindlessly on my phone. The door was kept open so I could hear when people started walking in.

Travis: Woah! Hey! Hope you don't mind, I brought Grant. 

Grant: The restaurant decided to stay closed cause of the storm, so

Dean: You're a chef. You know chef things? 

Grant: I do.

Dean: This way.

Ben: Happy Friendsgiving!

Dean: Hey.

Maya: I almost blew over walking down the dock. Are we sure this is the best place to wait out a windstorm, in a house on water with lots of windows? 

Jack: There are storm structures.

Dean: This is Warren's deal. I just wanna make my drinks in peace. It's not even Thanksgiving. 

Ben: Because it's Friendsgiving, which is better. It's all the fun without all the pressure.

Ryan: Hope you don't mind. I brought Greg with me.

Jack: Welcome.

Greg: Thank you.

Jack: To my home. With Dean and uh Warren.

Me: *I walk out the room* Hey *I smiled* I was bored in time out

Maya: Time out?

Me: Yup, I got here before all of you and Dean and Jack made me lay in bed.

Vic: Whoo. I don't like it out there.

Dean: Please, do you-do you have somebody coming, too?

Vic: No. Why would I bring someone? Don't be weird. When is the first batch of those gonna be ready?

Dean: It is a very delicate and precise process. You can't-you can't rush the 'rita. 

I sit down on the counter while Maya is chopping some vegetables and Vic is eating. We talk a bit until Andy walks up to us.

Andy: I need to chop. What can I chop?

We all look at her as she starts chopping and every single one of our eyes widens. She starts to chop a bit faster making our eyes fall on the celery that she's chopping.

Maya: What did that celery do to you?

Andy: Nothing. Everything. Ryan is just so frustrating, and Sullivan ugh you should've seen him this morning. 

Me: This morning?

Andy: Yeah, at coffee. I thought it might be a productive morning, and I thought I-

Maya: Wait hold up. You had coffee with Sullivan? 

Vic: So? I mean, people have lives outside the station. She wasn't breaking any laws. 

Andy: Clearly, it was a bad idea and I'm just happy to be here with you and not around Sullivan at all.

All of our phones start to ring.

Maya: It's Sullivan. Weather's gotten worse and B-shift is stranded.

Me: Seems we have to come in, after all.

We all make our way to the station, and once we got there we put on our uniforms and we put our turnout gears in the barn in case we get called to any fires.