forty seven

*Aria's p.o.v*

I was getting ready for work, when I had the sudden urge to throw up again. This was like the tenth time I've thrown up in the last week. Luckily, Andrew had left early since he had gotten paged to a surgery. I felt like something was wrong and I had a weird feeling in my stomach. I've noticed that I've been gaining weight and whenever I looked in the mirror there was a weird bump around my stomach. I got up from the floor after I had thrown up and I lifted up my shirt. I looked to the side and noticed that there was a bigger bump on my stomach and my eyes widen.

I went out into my bedroom and I quickly grabbed my phone. I went to look at my period calendar and I've noticed that I haven't had a period in weeks. All the signs were starting to add up and my jaw drops.

Me: No, no, no, no, no.

I closed my phone and I looked up at the ceiling. I might be pregnant. I quickly put some clothes on and I headed out of the apartment. Before I drove to the station, I made my way to a pharmacy to grab a pregnancy test. Once I had gotten the pregnancy test, I quickly made my way to the station. When I arrived, I walked towards the bathroom and I went into a stall. I opened up the box and I took out a pregnancy test. I peed on the stick and I covered it up and I went over to the sink. I pulled out my phone and I set a timer for three minutes. I washed my hands and I put the test down on the counter. I paced around the bathroom, waiting for the timer to go off.

*three minutes later*

Once the timer went off, I felt my heart drop. I turned the alarm off and I took a deep breath before picking up the pregnancy test. I closed my eyes for a second and I breathed out again. When I opened my eyes, I looked at the test and my jaw drops. Positive. Two really red lines appear and I couldn't move. I'm pregnant. My hands start shaking as I thought of how Andrew would react.

I grabbed my bag and I placed the pregnancy test inside. I put my phone into my pocket and I took a really deep breath before I walked out of the bathroom. Once I got out of the bathroom, I made my way towards my locker and I put my belongings inside. I put on my uniform and I made my way towards the beanery to try and take my mind off of the test.

I sat down on one of the stools and I suddenly zoned out. Not too long after I zoned out, I was pulled away from my thoughts by Vic. She gave me a smile, but gave me a worried look.

Vic: Is everything okay?

Me: Y-yeah everything's fine *I slightly smiled*

Vic: Are you sure?

Me: Yeah *I smiled*

Vic: Okay, well if you need to talk to someone I'm here. Now get your butt up and come to the barn with me.

Me: *I looked at her and I laughed* Yes ma'am

I followed her out of the beanery and we made our way towards the barn. I grabbed my turnouts from the turnout room and I placed it down on the ground, so that I could be ready for when a call comes.

Maya: The PRT will be here in a few minutes, as will Chief Dixon. Thank you all for sticking around for the picture. Gibson, Vasquez, a word?

I watch as Jack and Rigo follow Maya out of the barn. I helped out with some more equipment when I heard honking behind me. I turned around and I saw the PRT driving into the barn. I looked over at Vic and I started to laugh at how she got excited.

Vic: Whoo, whoo! It's here, it's here, it's here!

Travis: She gets like this when we get towels.

Ben: *comes out* Huh? Huh? Come on.