6. The Same proposal

In a meeting room ,

Ria handed over the papers to Mr. Ashish who scolded her the next moment, "What the hell is this? How am I suppose to work with these ? ... Let's be honest. The proposals you all write are useless. Just show some sincerity so that we can have meeting in peace...."

'Those who are incompetent focus on the little things they know and make a huge deal out of it...like Mr.Ashish .' thought Siya .

Alia , who worked on a contract basis in the company wanted to become a full term employee and get promoted. So she would never miss an opportunity to get close to Mr. Ashish.

She said ," Ria ,you should staple the papers at the corner before giving it to Sir. " She gave a sweet smile to Ashish and said ," Am I right , Sir ?"

"Yes , Ms. Alia. I hope every woman in this office was as hard working and talented as you. "

'Hardworking and talented Alia... One who steals my proposal and present it as hers ...." laughed Siya in her mind .

" Now print and staple these papers again." He told Ria .

" Mr. Ashish can you please overview my proposal. I want to be a full term employee. Shall we go out and get some air?" said Alia with a seductive smile .

"Yes , Ms Alia. And the meeting is dismissed. And you Mrs. Meera make sure that these employees do not make the same mistakes again." He said giving a taunting look to Ria and Siya .

"Yes , Mr .Ashish. I will take care." said Meera.

He and Alia left the meeting room.

" I am sorry ,Meera ma'am. I didn't mean to do it." Ria apologised .

"It's alright, Ria . Next time take care ."
Meera said with a smile .

Meera Tripathi was a thirty three year old woman . She worked as Assistant Manager while Ashish was a General Manager at RK corporations. In Siya's previous life , She was a very hard working woman and deserved to get promoted to the General Manager but couldn't due to Ashish as he had connections at higher levels. She was married and had a 6 year old daughter. Her husband was same as Samrat who depended on his wife for money.

Siya went to talk with Meera regarding her proposal for meal kit since she knew Ashish rejected it without even looking at it. She did not want Alia to steal her proposal this time.

"Meera ma'am, please can you take out some of your time to view my proposal?" Siya said and handed over her proposal to Meera.

Meera looked at the title and recognised that it was the same proposal that Ashish rejected and told her it's of no use if she views it . But Siya requested her to see it once and throw it away if she didn't like and ran away from there.

Alia saw this encounter between the two and the proposal in Meera's hand and understood Siya's intentions.

Meanwhile Siya went with Ria to have some snacks.

"Ria , actually I need to go to the office.. "

"So, you want me to finish all this alone?"

"Huh.." Siya felt that she was sad that she couldn't finish the food but...

"Okay , no problem. I never say no to food . I am a foodie." she said with a cheerful smile."But next time it will be treat from my side . We can meet on this Sunday. Do you have any plans?"

Siya remembered Alia asking her to meet for dinner at Hotel Maniprabha on Sunday.

"Yes.. actually but I don't think I want to go"

"What type of plans??"

"A school reunion.."

Ria patted her shoulder and said , "Then you should surely go. Meet your old friends and also crush and first love. Be disappointed so that you can move on with your life..."

"No one knows where my first love lives or what he does. I wasn't very popular in school." She said with a sad face. "Is there any reason to go and dig out my shameful past?"

Ria cheered her up ," That's the reason you should go. If you go and fix it , it no longer remains a shameful past and becomes your history."

In the office...

Siya met Raghav on her way and asked him, "Mr. Raghav , you asked me if I was free on Sunday. I am free on Sunday ."

"But you told me that you have plans on Sunday.."

"Yes, I do but it's not important.. Work comes first."

"No. You come first , Ms Siya ..." Siya was speechless for a moment.

"Actually, I was debating if I should go or not.."

"Go . Your answer will differ depending on the situation but just try this once. You should go and get your answers . Just remember that you owe me .." and left from there.

"Huh. .. What did he mean by that? He's so confusing sometimes.."

Meanwhile, Meera reviewed Siya's proposal and found it to be very good and suitable for the company. Siya asked her views about the proposal for which she told her it was quite good. Siya asked her if they should do it together. Meera told her that she couldn't do it without Ashish's permission. Siya told her that he didn't even read it , just flipped the pages and rejected it.
Meera didn't believe it and told her she will talk about it to Ashish and was about to leave when she stopped hearing Siya,

"He only does what he wants at work. Ever since he hit on you and you turned him down he opposes everything you say."

"That's so immature. I don't believe it ,Siya " Meera said.

"Mr. Ashish has always been immature. I know he got promoted because he presented your proposal with his name on it..just like Alia became a full term employee by stealing my proposal in my previous life."

"He was my senior. It's normal that boss take credits for their team efforts ...."she tried to explain but was cut off by Siya...
"But you never did the same. You never took the credit for our work . I have full confidence in my proposal .Even you approved it.."

"I will talk with Mr.Ashish..."

" If I prove that he didn't even read the title of my proposal and rejected it , will you help me with it...?" and forwarded her hand for handshake which Meera accepted with a smile ..

'I am sure that Mr.Ashish did not see my proposal properly. But if he remembers any images or charts... I am sure he's lazy but...'

Siya looked at Meera and she signed her to go to his cabin and prove it . Siya hesitantly took steps towards his cubicle and forwarded the same proposal and said ,

"Sir , I made a new proposal . Please see it."

Ashish flipped the pages one by one by one and stopped at a page and raised his eyebrow.

"O God ,did he recognised that it is the same proposal. I am doomed' Siya wondered.

Ashish shouted so loud that the whole office was able to hear him and all the employees looked towards his cabin..

"ARE YOU MESSING WITH ME ?? ....I DON'T BELIEVE IT... THE PROPOSAL YOU GAVE ME LAST TIME............"

So that's it for today...

So did Ashish recognise that it was the same proposal??

The suspense will be revealed in next chapter..

Next chapter will reveal about
Siya's first love.

Will she reconcile with her first love?? Then what about Raghav??

Stay tuned for next chapter..

Please vote and comment