11 . I want to be a different person

Siya's pov

But he held my wrist and I was shocked hearing his next words, " I HAVE A CRUSH ON YOU SIYA " I was dumbfounded and didn't know what to do. I didn't expect these words from him . I wanted to leave.

Just then my phone rang. It was a call from Raghav. Perfect timing.

"Hello Siya , You told me that you would help me with work today. I need your help. Come at ... this location."

"Yes ,Sir "

" Aditya , I got a call from my boss . I need to  leave."
"Can we atleast exchange numbers? I would like to keep in contact with you. " We exchanged our numbers and I left from there and hired a taxi to reach there.

Thank God ..No ... Thanks Raghav for saving me...

And also special thanks the one who gave me courage and confidence ... Ria.

Flashback

One day before reunion,
On Saturday

I was worried as to  how to get ready for the reunion. I realised I had no suitable dress and makeup... I don't know what to do .

Ria called me ," My saviour, I owe you a treat . You told me you have plans tomorrow. How about we hang out today ?"

"Okay , Ria , let's meet today. "

On my way ,  I saw the same earrings on window display in a shop . I compared those earrings with mine . They were a lot different. Therefore, Raghav told me not to were them . I was such a fool.

Just then Ria collided with me and the earrings fell down . She picked it up and asked me ," These earrings are fake .."

" I realised that just now . My friend gifted it ." I told her .

And then she flipped her hair back and then pointed towards her earrings. They were same as mine.

" Siya , they are original earrings. The shine is different , see ." They were exactly same as those in the window display.

" Yes , they are pretty. "

Then , we went to have lunch where she kept on blabbering about this and that ... I really enjoyed her talks . She is such a cheerful girl .

She asked me about tomorrow's reunion . I told her that I don't want to go since I was an unpopular girl and was also bullied in high school.

"You were bullied ? But why ?" , she was surprised at my revelation.

"I don't know. Suddenly everyone started hating me ."

" You should have asked  them why ." she told me .

"How could I ?" , I asked .

" How will you know if you don't ask ?.. Honestly , I am the type to run away when things get too hard but you should try your best before that ." She motivated me ," You should get to know if these people were simply crazy to bully you or had any good reasons to do so .Then you will have no regret in life . "

" It makes so much sense. Why haven't I thought about it earlier?" I said .

But I smile awkwardly realising something..

"What happened , Siya ?"

"Turning a shameful past into a history sounds easy but it can't be done overnight for someone like me."

"That may be true . But you can try ." She said with a cheerful smile.
" A stich in time saves nine ."
" Why fear when Ria is here... It's finally time for me to repay your kindness, my saviour."

And then she took me to a parlour... It looked quite expensive. It has been long since I visited a parlour.

" Siya, I am going to pay with my membership here . So just chill..."

"But..." She was not ready to listen to me . " Relax , Anyway , you're lucky since it's my last day of membership today ." So I agreed.

The hairstylist asked me about my  preferences about haircut but I had no idea about them .

" Ria , I want to a different person. "

"Okay , you will be reborn today . You will see a different person today . Just wait and watch."

Those who aren't mentally mature judge others by their looks . So if you want something, dress accordingly .

After few hours, I saw the mirror. I stared at it in disbelief . Was it really me?? I couldn't believe myself.

"Siya , you were pretty before but now you look much more prettier and different as you wanted. Now we need just a little bit of confidence and courage and then it's perfect ." Ria complimented me ..

Then we went to select dresses and finally after trying many dresses , we selected one or rather say Ria approved one . We also bought clothes to wear for office.

Then we went to handbag section . There I saw a purse which made me remember my past memories.. 
" Siya , this purse is so good . You should take it ." Ria said .

"Maybe next time . This needs to go to someone else ." In my previous life it belonged to Alia or rather say Samrat gifted her with my money .

I received a message from Mr Ashish, " I will review your proposal.  Alia and Meera will be on your team and make up for what you lack."

Alia will be on my team.

Then I received Alia's call.

" Hey Siya , what did you do today ? "

" I hanged out with Ria today . She got tired and slept at my apartment. "

"What ? You were with Ria ? You should have called me . Did I do something to upset you ?" Alia said.

" Did you do something to upset me , Alia ?" I asked her .

"No , nothing . By the way I called you to talk to you regarding your meal kit  proposal. It's really great. Can I fix it a little and propose it again ? "

As expected , she asked me the same thing as in my previous life. That time I believed her and gave her my proposal which she presented as it was and got promoted but not this time....

" Not at all . It's my proposal." I refused her .

" But why ? Your proposal was rejected. Let's work together and fix it. " she tried to persuade me .

" You should have told me before . I already fixed it . I will give you my good idea next time..... And also stop calling me by my name and nicknames at work.  We are friends but I am your superior at work . I am more experienced and you are crossing the line by making me run coffee errands for you and ordering me . Let's act as professionals in office. " I said everything in one go. It's time to make her realise her place.

" What ??" I know never in her life did she  expect me say these things  but I have changed Alia.

" I have work to do . So I am hanging up. " And I cut the call

What a relief we get when  reveal our true thoughts. A burden is reduced now.

On Sunday , Ria helped me with my dress and makeup. When she saw my earrings, she told me ,

" When it comes to fake items , there  are many qualities and these earrings are the worst quality . They don't even have the decency  to pretend to look real .... There's only one reason for such gifts and that is .... Humiliation."

" So now what should I do ?" I asked.

"Why fear when Ria is here ... Here you can were my earrings . These are the original ones . Wear them and rock it . Ask them questions till you don't get your answers ." And then I went to the reunion.

So this is how Siya changed into a confident person in the reunion.
Ria encouraged her to get her answers from her bullies .

Do vote and comment on this chapter.