34. Their wedding

Siya and Raghav spent a lot of time together. Soon the day of the wedding arrived. Raghav gifted her a diamond necklace.

" What's this? It seems expensive." Siya said.

" My Siya deserves the best. Wear this at their wedding. By the way, you look mesmerizing in this saree."he said and made her wear it making her blush.

"Let's go to their wedding now."
...

Alia was ready in her bridal dress for the marriage. She checked herself in the mirror and was disappointed seeing her old fashioned bridal wear but consoled herself saying, "It's alright. You are pretty. You are getting a family. You won."

Alia's bridal wear

Samrat's mother entered the room

Samrat's mother entered the room. Alia kept a hand on her womb and faked a smile," Mom, is my stomach poking too much?"

She said ,"It better not. That's why we are having this small and early wedding. By the way where are your friends. Are you sure you invited them to the wedding?"

" Mom, they must be on their way." Alia lied.

" Where is your mother? You told me that she was busy so we couldn't meet earlier." Samrat's mother asked her.

"Actually.."

Just then a women in her late fifties came there." I am sorry, my dear daughter. I am late. Actually there was a lot of traffic on the way."

Alia introduced her , " She's my mother."

" I am Alia's soon to be mother in law."

" I am sorry. I was late. There was a lot of traffic. I don't really have habit of traffic in Mumbai."

" Yes. There must be. No mother would come late for her daughter's wedding. "

The woman looked towards Alia and said, " My dear daughter, you look so pretty."

"Please stay here with Alia. I have some work." Samrat's mother said and left.

After she left , Alia asked her, " Why are you so late? I told you to come early."

" I am sorry. There was so much traffic. There was also an accident."The woman said.

Alia said, " Do you remember everything? You are a teacher. My father passed away. I am your single child."

" Of course. He was a businessman and left a lot of wealth for both of us..." She completed. Alia has hired her to act as her mother.
....

Samrat and his mother welcomed the guests. His friend, Sachin whispered in his ear , " You told me that she wasn't the marriage material. Now what happened?"

"Keep quiet." Samrat said and dragged him to the side and asked about his other colleagues. "You know about my girlfriend. She won't come to a cheater's wedding. The other girls also won't come. By the way who's that?" Sachin pointed towards the entrance. Samrat looked towards it and was surprised to see Siya coming towards him in a designer sari. He was awestruck seeing her attire. Siya confidently walked towards him and said," Congratulations on your wedding. You will need it." And handed him an envelope.