23. The inevitable will happen

"Dynamite?"
"Spring day?" both said at the same time.
"How do you know about Spring Day? It was released in 2017" Siya asked.

"And what about Dynamite? It was released in 2020? He questioned back .

" Okay , I will tell you . " Siya said .
Then she told him about her previous life , Samrat's and Alia's affair , her cancer and her murder and how suddenly she got back to 2014.

"So I have to make Alia marry my husband, I mean Samrat or I will have to face the same fate . I will have to marry Samrat , get cancer and get murdered by them ." Siya said .

"So you mean to say ' The inevitable will happen '."

"You didn't know?"

"I didn't. Maybe because I haven't changed much. Just a few things like sending Aditya to reunion to clear misunderstandings "

" So that's why Aditya came ... But how did you know about the reunion?"

" Because I went to your funeral."

" My funeral? So how was my funeral."

" It was sad . A lot of people had regrets."

Siya said with tears , " You are lying . I know no one would be sad or regret anything ."

" I am not lying. Come let us talk at my apartment . It's late . You can trust me . Don't worry. "

Both entered his apartment and were welcomed by a cute cat . Raghav went and picked it up. "Raghav , you can put it down. " He put it down and said ," He doesn't like people... " but the cat went towards Siya .. "Well I thought that he didn't..." Raghav said with an embarrassed face.

Siya patted the cat ,"Ohh ... You are so cute. You know Raghav , I love cats ."

"Would you like to have coffee?"

"Anything would be fine" Siya continued playing with the cat .

He offered her coffee and asked, "Can't it be avoided if you cut ties with Alia or break up with Samrat?"

" I tried. But Samrat would throw a fit when I tried to break up with him . If can kill me in future, what's the guarantee that he won't kill me now?"

" What if you run away ?"

" I wanted to run away and forget everything but practically it's not possible. You can only do it if you have financial stability."

" You can run now . I can help you ." Raghav said .

" I know. But now I found out that I can't evade everything by running away . You see in my previous life I had a scar here on my left hand ." She said showing he left hand." It got burnt due to coffee. But now you got hurt instead of me ." She said rolling his sleeve and showing him the scar on his hand ."and even the shape of the scar is the same ."

"If I didn't get hurt , you would have gotten hurt?? "

"Avoiding it is not the answer. If I don't give my fate to someone else, it will return to me ."

"A wound for a wound. A marriage for a marriage and death..."

"For a death " Siya completed." But how did you come here ?"

"I got up from my sleep and came here. I don't remember much." He said intentionally hiding his death by car accident as he didn't want to make her worry about his fate of death and dropped her to her apartment.

Raghav's pov

In my last life , I attended Siya's funeral. I was deeply saddened by her death . The police officers came thee to arrest Samrat and Alia for suspicion of Siya's death and some insurance related issues .
"We are here to arrest you on suspicion of killing your wife for insurance." Samrat tried to escape. But the officers caught him. " I did not kill her . She was about to die in few months due to cancer . Why would I kill her ? It was an accident. It was a culpable homicide . I just pushed her and she hit the shelf." He confessed .

The female officers arrested Alia " Why are you arresting me ? Let me go . Samrat pushed her .I did not do anything." She confessed. The officers took them to police station. I always had a doubt on them for Siya's death and they confessed it themselves.

I was about to leave when I heard few ladies speaking, " So Alia and Samrat had an affair. They killed Siya to hide it . It means that Siya didn't ask Alia to break up with Aditya in highschool ." I was confused as to what they were saying regarding Siya and Aditya ." Hey Aditya, you came ." I saw a guy that entered . Then they discussed about their highschool and their regrets for their behaviour with Siya .I got to know that Siya was bullied in highschool and at the reunion due to Alia's lies and Aditya liked Siya . I was deeply saddened by this revelation. How much Siya had to suffered!! If only I confessed my feelings at the right time then she would have been mine and not dead . I regret it so much. I did not lie to Siya . Indeed many people had regrets her friends, her schoolmates and especially me .

By the time I left for my home it was already raining and my car was not working so I hired a taxi .

" I usually don't come to this area. You are lucky today . I was about to call it a day " the taxi draver said .

" Thank you", I said .

I kept thinking about Siya . "You seem to have lost something precious today." The taxi driver said sensing my saddened mood.

" I don't even know if she was mine or not . We barely knew each other."

" But why ? A man should be daring enough. You should have made her yours when you had chance "

" I should have . I deeply regret it now . I think I had a few chances."

" Then why didn't you do it ?"

" I didn't know it was my chance. Other times , I thought I was wrong. Honestly, I don't know. I realised my feelings recently. I was just living but when I heard that she died...."

" What will you do if you get another chance? " He asked me.

" There are no more chances."

" There is . What will you do? Will you take it ?"

" Seeing how you lost your chances , I think there must be any reason or something stopped you ."

" I thought that she was happy with someone else and I may sound stupid but I didn't realise my feelings then. So if I get a chance again, I would take it and protect her ." As I said this , the taxi crashed into something and rolled and I remembered taking my last breath thinking only about my love , Siya . And then when I woke up I was in 2014 . I couldn't believe it . When I realised that it was the truth . I decided to protect Siya this time .

So the major suspense of the story is revealed.

Even Raghav is from the future. How will the story proceed further?

Don't forget to vote and comment.