Chapter 48 | Speechless

26th November 1991 // 4 a.m // Neverland Ranch

"Shhh, Nya..." Michael whispered to the crying baby in his arms. "Let's not wake up mommy, okay?" He kissed Adanya's little forehead.

Adanya woke up crying and in order not to wake up Aria he ran across the room and took his daughter out of her crib to calm her down and try to get her to sleep again.

These last 5 months have been a roller coaster. A few weeks ago they were in a really scary situation - the media's constant harassment turned completely nuts, to the point that a paparazzi literally parachuted into Neverland in the hopes of getting a picture of the baby. They followed security's orders and had to stay locked in the "panic room" for 12 hours with the baby so security could arrest the man and check the entire property to ensure it was completely safe. Michael's management team thinks him and Aria should give the press some photos of the baby, so they can be left alone but it's still to be decided. Until then, they have orders not to go out.

In spite all of that, Michael is completely in love with his baby and with being a father. The same goes for Aria, she never could've imagined loving a little human being this much.

Adanya is growing up fast and she has a hard time falling asleep now - she is an extremely curious baby, her eyes light up at every movement, object and people that come near her. And it's totally normal, she's starting to acknowledge the world around her. The not so good part is that she doesn't fall asleep until very late in the evenings and then wakes up early anyways.

"Okay, you're mad about something little one, what is it?" Adanya is not calming down. He holds her up, so he's looking at her perfectly round face. "What if I sing to you? Would that work for you?" Michael had tried to sing to her so many times to calm her down but it never worked, which hurt him a little to be honest. So he decides to try again and starts singing softly.

Your love is magical
That's how I feel
But I have not the words here to explain
Gone is the graceful expressions of passion
But there are worlds and worlds of ways to explain
To tell you how I feel
But I am speechless, speechless
That's how you make me feel

Nya's gaze is fixed on her father. She quiets down and reaches her little hand up to his cheek. "You like my voice?" Michael gets teary eyed and kisses her hand before pressing her against his chest. "You're the queen of my heart, you hear me?" He whispers in her tiny hear.

Across the room, still with her eyes closed, Aria moves her arms hoping to feel Michael next to her

Across the room, still with her eyes closed, Aria moves her arms hoping to feel Michael next to her. When she does not, her eyes open wide. "Is everything okay?" She anxiously asks when and sees his silhouette in the dark next to the baby's crib.