Chapter 34 | Burning Anger | 2

It's past dinner time and Aria just got out of the shower. While searching for pajamas in her closet she hears familiar footsteps approaching her, making chills run all over her body.

"You're sleeping here tonight?" Michael asks with his hands behind his back. His voice is unsteady and frail.

Aria grabs an old large t-shirt and puts it on quickly. "Well, yeah. I thought you needed some space." She sits down on the edge of her single bed. It's the first time since last night that she takes a good look at him. "Come here," she says.

Michael obeys and sits next to her, putting his hand on her knee. "I'm so terribly sorry for yelling at you." His voice cracks and he looks down at his feet.

"I understand," Aria sighs and lifts up her legs, landing them on his lap. "I've had some moments when all I wanted was to be left alone too. When all I wanted was to stay in a dark room with no sound, with no one, not even with you. Those moments when I just wish I could disappear." Michael nods at her statement. "And I'm far from being mad at you," she adds in to reassure him.

"Still, I acted like a scumbag."

"What? You bought me a bag? That's so sweet of you, Michael." She comments playfully and he rolls his eyes.

"I'm serious." He runs his fingers on her smooth bare legs. "Part of me just wants to push everyone away." He throws his head back and exhales in pure frustration while closing his eyes. "I did something today," he stops himself from talking.

"You don't need to tell me, not now." Aria whispers. "Hey," she mumbles when she notices a tear strolling down his jawline. Aria places each leg around his waist and sits on his lap. "Look at me," she asks.

"I can't." He replies and Aria pulls his face down so she was now facing him. "I fired Frank." Michael's confession was unexpected. "He's so mad at me, Aria."

A massive cloud of questions and confusion floats around her mind. Anyway, she can't ask why, not now when he's so sensitive.

"Michael, look, let's talk about this tomorrow. Alright?" His eyes are so swollen, it hurts her so much to see him like this. "Stop crying." She takes his hands in hers. "I-" she gently pecks his right eyelid. "Love-" she kisses the left one. "You." Her lips land on his red nose.

Michael manages to calm down his sobbing but his eyes keep filling up. "I'll bite you if you do not stop." Aria warns and he looks away. "You're asking for it, Pan." He starts laughing but she still bites his neck anyway.

"Stop!" Michael chuckles blissfully while trying to escape her deadly teeth. "Girl, that hurt." He takes her face in his hands and kisses her lips passionately, he's kissing her as if his life depends on it.

That's the reason why Aria says each kiss feels like the first one, because everything this man does is so concupiscent, so full of desire.

"You don't have any idea of how much I was craving your kisses today." Aria presses her forehead on his and Michael locks their lips again. "You know what I would love right now?" She questions and Michael nods negatively. "KFC! I didn't even eat properly today and I'm sure you didn't too."

Michael grins as he watches her stand up and put some denim shorts on. "Are you really going?"

"We. We are going, my friend." She puts her braids in a messy ponytail and Michael stands up. "Ready?"

*

"Here," Aria hands the huge bowl of chicken wings to Michael as she sits on the driver's seat again. "There was no one in there." Aria takes a piece to her mouth.

"This is exactly what I was needing." Michael moans with his mouth full and closes his eyes, enjoying his food.

"Jesus, this chicken must be too damn good 'cause not even I can make you moan that way," Aria giggles, trying to cheer him up. "I thought you might need a quick sex session or this," Aria keeps on eating and Michael almost chokes. "What? Was KFC the wrong choice? We have wide back seats, honey... Just tell what you want."

"Stop!" He laughs off. "You'll kill me one day." Michael coughs hard in order to bring that piece of chicken back up. "Ugh," he coughs a bit more softer this time. "You're crazy."

"We should be wearing 'KFC is better than sex" t-shirts." Aria cleans her hands on a napkin and howls loudly.

"It depends on who you're having sex with." Michael states and takes a sip of soda.

"Good point... Wait, what's that supposed to mean?" She arches an eyebrow and he grins.

"It means that no matter how many KFC's you buy me, it will definitely not be better than loving you." Michael places his hand on her leg and starts caressing it with the tip of his fingers.

"Hey, glad to have my naughty boyfriend back."

"I'm not naughty!" He defends himself yet his hand is still going around near her thigh.

"That's what you want everyone to believe," she laughs. "But if they only KNEW the kind of things you do." Aria shakes her head and takes a look out of the window.

"Alright, I'll stop doing them then." Michael swipes his hand away from her.

"No," Aria is able to grab his hand. "I love it." She giggles and places his hand on her leg again.

"And I'm naughty? Pfft..." he mumbles, biting his lower lip.