Chapter 18 | The Moon Won't Tell

"It's finally quiet." Michael says as he watches his family stepping out of the Neverland gates.

"Aren't you tired?" Aria asks. "You haven't slept since you arrived."

Michael walks away from the window and sighs. "Yeah, I'm exhausted."

"Then go to bed," Aria approaches him and kisses his cheek.

"Aren't you coming?" He smirks.

"I'll meet you later," she chuckles and her cheeks turn pink. "I want to help Stephanie clean the kitchen. Now go."

Michael does as she says and goes upstairs. His bedroom has the most beautiful view of the ranch, it is, in fact, the biggest room - sometimes the loneliest as well.

Michael takes off his clothes and takes a quick shower to freshen up. Once he gets out of the bathroom he dresses his pajamas and lays on the bed after opening the curtains so he could see the moon.

Thirty minutes run by until Aria finally enters the room. "I thought you would be asleep by now." She comments and closes the door softly. Michael turns his back to the window so he can face her.

"What is that?" Michael asks when he notices something shining on the table.

Aria looks over - "Oh, it's my outfit from the fashion show. I probably left it here when Janet locked me in." She grabs the piece of clothing and folds it properly.

"Dress it," Michael says all of a sudden. His voice is soft as always but husky. "I want to see you in it."

There's a brief comfortable silence. "So you didn't watch me on TV," Aria realized. "I wore it."

"I tried to-" he starts but Aria cuts him off.

"Don't justify yourself. It's not important." She isn't sad that he didn't see her on TV, it's just not even relevant anymore. "Okay." She whispers and Michael gives her an encouraging glare. He's laying perfectly on the bed, with his body to the side and holding his head with one hand only.

Aria starts to take off her jacket. "Could you please look away?" She smiles. Michael covers his face under the sheets and giggles while Aria gets undressed as fast as she can and puts on the sparkly suit. "Alright, you can look now." She blushes once again - that's doesn't happen very often.

Once Michael uncovers his face and looks at her, his features change. Amazement is all over him. He gets up slowly and walks in her direction. Aria's body fills up with chills when his hands start to touch the glittery fabric. He runs his hands from her shoulders to her accentuated waist. It's like his eyes are scanning her, studying her. "Breathtaking," he says, finally. "You're so beautiful."

Aria is unable to breathe properly, how can she? She gets weaker and weaker every time he speaks.

All of a sudden everything changes: the air has thickened, the molecules seem to have been rearranged or transformed even; the look in Aria's eyes wasn't the same and Michael's voice shows to be different as well when he says "I want you." and holds her tight. Aria gasps and puts her arms around his neck. When she looks in his eyes she realizes that she wants him twice as much.

In the next instant clothes are being thrown to the floor and both bodies seem to find their way back to bed.

It's nearly impossible to describe the magic that is happening in this room: the way their bodies connect and become one like it's meant to be is extraordinary. Their ecstatic sighs mix together and form the most wonderful melody. Michael and Aria desired each other for so long and now they're finally appreciating every inch of each other.

They end up breathless and crying tears of happiness in the dark - both of them had sex many times with other partners but this was the first time each of them experienced love. 

"She saw everything," Aria chuckles and points to the moon.

"Yeah," he giggles and strokes Aria's hair. "She won't tell." He jokes.

"I want her to," Aria lifts her chin up and looks at Michael who's already staring at her. "I want everyone to know what just happened here." Their lips lock together again.

This is no longer the loneliest bedroom in Neverland and - probably - Michael's no longer the loneliest person on earth.

A.N:

I decided to present you guys with a more romantic chapter hehehe. Sorry for taking so long but writers' block really got into me these past few weeks. Thank you all for reading <3

I also want to wish you a wonderful and happy Christmas to all of you! I hope you're all  surrounded by those you love and don't forget - spread peace and love to the world, that's all we need.