Chapter 19 | Breakfast On Hold

When the sunlight comes through the window and illuminates the bedroom, Aria starts to wake up. She opens her eyes slowly while adjusting them to the blinding clarity. She feels a soft breeze on her uncovered shoulders and realizes that it's Michael's breathing.

Unable to contain a smile, Aria manages to break from his grip and gets out of bed without waking him up. She grabs the first piece of clothing she finds on the floor and rushes to her bedroom not making any sound.

"Jesus..." she murmurs and grins as she stares at her reflection in the mirror. She's looking like a mess - a beautiful mess though. After brushing her teeth and putting her hair in a bun she goes downstairs. 

It's 7:30 am and Stephanie is probably on her way. Aria could wait and ask for breakfast but she decides to make it herself. Twenty minutes later, she finally places the eggs, toasts and fruit smoothies on a long yellow tray to take it to the room. Before she can make her way to the stairs, the bell rings. She puts down the tray on the table and walks to the front door.

"Frank?!" Aria asks, surprised to see him here this early. "Come in."

"Good morning Aria," he greets and his eyes instantly travel through her body. Aria realizes that she's only wearing a shirt and that it's Michael's. "Is Mike up?" 

"No," she clears her throat. "But I'm going to wake him up now." Frank walks in and closes the door. 

"Good," he leans against the wall and puts a cigarette in his mouth but doesn't light it up. It's my style, that's what he usually says. "I need to talk to him, urgently."

"Is something wrong, Frank?" She questions and Frank sighs while rubbing his forehead.

"Yes," he is stressed up, that she can see. "Aria could you, please," he points to the stairs and she gets the message. "Quick."

Aria runs upstairs with no hesitation. When she opens the bedroom door she finds Michael still sleeping. "Michael," she whispers his name and sits next to him. "Wake up." She rubs his arms - Aria loves his arms, they're perfectly shaped and sufficiently muscular, they look fragile and, somehow, strong at the same time.

There's no response from him. "Mike...," she lets out a laugh. "I know you're hearing-" Out of nowhere Michael grabs and lays her on the bed, making him stay on top of her.

"Good morning," he says with the sexiest voice ever. Aria caresses his face and pushes some of his messy curls away, his afro hair roots are really noticeable. "Did you make breakfast? I can smell the eggs." He asks and Aria nods.

"Breakfast will have to wait-" she starts but Michael cuts her off when he sees what she's wearing.

"You look good in my shirt," he admits and smoothly drags his soft hands down on her bare legs. Aria laughs and so does he. "I ain't joking!" He giggles and leans down to kiss her. He loves the feeling of her lips on his, the electricity that they share is not even countable in watts, volts whatsoever.

"Frank is downstairs," she breaks the kiss and speaks up. "He is worried, something must've happened." Aria grins as his hands stop on her waist. "He needs to talk to you."

"I'm sure it can wait."

"I'm afraid it can't wait Michael." Frank's voice becomes audible in the room.

"Damn, Frank!" Michael holds the sheets tighter against his body, he forgot that he is still naked. Aria hides behind Michael's back and covers her face in embarrassment.

"Get dressed. I'll wait for you in your office." And with this, Frank ignores the obvious, closes the door and leaves.