Chapter 22 | Like in the Movies

"What are you up to?" Aria enters Michael's mini studio and takes a look around. It's very different from the last time she was in here.

"Nothing, just writing some stuff down." Michael quickly puts the paper sheets to the side. 

"Hm, what stuff?" Aria asks while focusing her eyes on the walls.

"S-Stuff, some lyrics." 

"What happened to all the awards?" She questions, still looking around. 

"I took them all off." Michael answers and puts his hands on the table as Aria frowns. "I don't want to be reminded everyday of how many titles I've earned. That means nothing. What people say, what my fans say, that's important." He smiles.

"I'm surprised but you're right." Aria sighs and approaches him. "I was wondering if you wanted to do something tonight." She slowly sits on his lap. 

"Like what?" Michael rubs his head against her shoulders. 

"I don't know, go to the movies, maybe?!" She suggests. 

"That would be fun. I'll talk to Derek and see what films he has on tonight. Probably just cartoons but-" Aria cuts him off. Michael is referring to the Neverland Theater which is five minutes away from this studio.

"Michael, we're not on the same page." Aria puts her arms around his neck. "I'm talking about actually going out to a movie theater. A date, out of here."

"That would be wonderful Aria but you know it's impossible." He lets out a frustrated laugh. 

"We'll figure it out." Aria assures him. 

"No, we won't. We'll have to call the manager and ask to close the place just for us - that's not normal. Or we'll have to enter from the back door or put a disguise on - that's not normal either." Aria kisses him out of nowhere. 

"You talk too much." She says and Michael seems to relax. "Get ready, we're going to the movies... just like people do in the movies." Aria gets up from his lap and walks to the door, giving him another glare before closing it.

She closes her eyes and leans against the door. She has no idea how to make this work. The hard part is walking in without being seen, the rest is easy, once they're in it's dark and no one will notice. Aria rubs her forehead and turns around, finding Tatiana looking at her. "Hey... you scared me."

"Sorry," Tatiana says. Her hair is all messed up and her mascara is blurred around her eyes from all the crying earlier. "Is Michael inside?" She asks.

"Yes, yes he is." Aria steps away from the door and lets Tatiana go in. "Whatever." She mutters to herself and goes upstairs.

"I saw everything." Tatiana closes the door as Michael looks up at her. "Aria... on your lap... kissing you." She sighs. "It hurts, you know? Watching another do what I used to."

"Why were you spying on us?" Michael stands up.

"Goodbye Michael." Tatiana laughs and walks to the door again. 

"What do you mean?" He asks and she stops.

"I'm leaving. For good. I'm starting over away from here, from you, from Daniel. I'm giving up my career and going back to Florida." 

"I thought you had no place to stay." Michael crosses his arms.

"I don't. I just have enough money for the flight and once I get there... I don't know."

"I can give you some-" 

"I don't want your money Michael. I'm not a gold digger. I don't need you or your money." 

Michael wides his eyes in surprise, he probably forgot how cold-hearted this girl can be. He's just trying to help, isn't that why she came to him in the first place? Oh, and to apolozige for exposing his privacy to the media.  "It's funny how you say you don't need me, but the first place you come when you're down is my house." His response is as cold as hers. 

"It's because I still love you asshole." Tears start to fill her eyes as she speaks. "But trust me, I don't need you."

Michael looks at his feet, remembering the night of their split.

"I'm out." Tatiana walks away and a few seconds later the front door shuts. 

*

"Steph!" Aria calls.

"Yeah, honey. I'm here." Stephanie walks in the room and sees Aria in front of the mirror. 

"What do you think?" Aria shows off her basic outfit for a normal date night at the movies: a large black t-shirt, dark grey jeans and black allstars.

"What do I think?!" Stephanie doesn't know what to say. She has never seen Aria going out at night like this... this simple. Yet she's still pretty and still herself. When Stephanie was about to respond a car outside honked twice.

Aria checks the car from the window. "Nevermind, Steph." She grabs her little bag, sprays a fresh perfume on her neck and heads out. As she walks towards the car she is able to see Michael - on the driver's seat.

"Wow," she gasps and opens the door. "You're driving?" 

"Well, a normal boyfriend would, so... yeah." Michael puts his hand on her leg and rubs it softly. Aria feels chills going up her spine - she should be used to it but it's like her body always reacts differently to every touch of his. "Besides, I miss driving." He chuckles and starts the engine. 

Aria smiles from ear to ear. The last time she saw Michael drive was when he got his license and wanted to drive everyone around. That was years ago. 

"You look great." She comments as she stares at his outfit: a regular black hat, a large grey Nike sweater and black jeans; also, she expected to see some matte loafers on his feet but no - he's wearing Nike sneakers too. Not to mention how perfect his curls are tied in a little bun that comes out of the back of his hat. "Did you choose it yourself?" Aria asks as the car passes through the Neverland gates.

"Stephanie helped a little." He confesses.

"Ah! I knew it." She grins. "Turn on the radio." 

Michael takes his right hand out of the steering wheel and turns it on. His song "Leave Me Alone" is playing. "Oh god, how convenient." They both laugh and enjoy the ride. 

A/N: There's a second part coming up! :) 

I know I owe you some explanation for my absence. I just went through a complicated phase during this time and I needed to stop and analyse what was important and what was irrelevant in my life.

Well, this book surely is important in my life. It's my free ticket to somewhere that I only know and where I can be myself, show the best part of myself and, probably, make you feel that way too. Thank you so much for the crazy amount of reads, votes and comments even when I was out. 

There was a time when I was scared to open wattpad, because I was afraid that no one was reading this anymore. I couldn't write anything, I hated everything, nothing seemed good. And now I'm feeling like... new again. Does it make sense? Idk, but you guys are the best. Thank you so much, seriously. 

You light my day.