Chapter 39 | Africa | 1

A/N: 

Hey guys! Sorry I took so long to update and sorry if this chapter is kinda boring. I want to thank you all so much for the 28.2K and I'm really glad that there's new readers adding this to their reading lists. 

The pressure to make a good job gets higher every time, even though you do not pressure me, I do myself. 

Once again, thank you. I love you.

*

  // South Africa - Cape Town International Airport; 7pm //

"Welcome home, Michael! Welcome! Welcome!"

"Damn," Janet gasps looking out the window. 

"Is it always like this?" Rene, Janet's boyfriend, turns to Michael who's softly shaking Aria to wake her up.

"Oh, all the chanting? Yeah, it's amazing. I love these people like family," Michael giggles and Aria starts to open her eyes. "Good afternoon lady, we just landed." Aria yawns loudly and stretches her arms. A smile appears on her sleepy face when the sound of the african people welcoming them reaches her ears.

"Wow," Rene keeps on saying. 

This trip to South Africa was planned for one couple only but Janet wanted to come so badly and Michael couldn't say no. They met her boyfriend last week, apparently them two have been dating for nine months now - things are getting serious for their little sister.

"Rene, you look so amazed." Aria laughs, standing up.

"I am for sure!" He says.

"Imagine the sound of a sold-out stadium screaming my big bro's name." Janet comments with a proudly tone.

"Well, I saw you on TV... at Wembley back in '88. It was insane, man!" Rene pats Michael on the shoulder and smiles.

"That was a crazy night. Lots of fun." Michael takes his bag off the cabin and walks through the corridor, holding Aria's hand. "Ready?" He asks before the flight-attendant opens the door. 

When it opens, they're able to see some people holding a huge sign saying 'Welcome Home Michael'. Rene, who's behind the three of them, grabs his camera to capture the moment.

No paparazzis, no blinding flashes hitting their faces. Just pure welcoming love. 

"Thank you everyone, I love you!" Michael waves and Aria does the same as they walk to the car ahead of them. They all get in the vehicle and Michael waves one last time.

"Where are we heading to?" Rene asks excitedly. 

Michael gets comfortable in his seat and takes the black fedora off his head. "We're staying at a friend's house, Ayo. He's amazing, you'll love him. You'll love this place, honestly."Michael responds with the same excitement.

Michael's passion for Africa began in 1974 when The Jackson 5 went on their African Tour that Motown arranged. He was a sixteen year old boy that for the first time didn't feel like an... outcast - he felt he was among his people, among his history. And till this day he proudly says to be an african-american, which is true. 

In Michael's own words, Africa is "the dawn of civilization, the root of all rhythm". 

When in interviews he confesses that most of his moves aren't actually his but from the african children, people stare in doubt. But these children... they are something else, they're the pure art of God.

"Look at that tree, Rene." Janet points out of the window and Rene takes another picture.

"A true tourist," Aria jokes, finally joining in the conversation.