Chapter 9 | Paparazzis

Aria took the last 3 hours to pack her bag. She didn't say goodbye to Michael, at least not literally. She couldn't.

When Michael opened the door again, he wasn't in his pajamas anymore. "Here," she gave Michael her notebooks with the designs of his tour outfits. "Everything's well explained. And here's the original suit, just in case." Michael smiled. "Are you going somewhere?" Aria couldn't resist the urge to ask.

"Yeah," he locked his lips. Every time he did that he was embarrassed. "I'm going on a date." He was scared to look up at Aria and see that she was mad again. Once he did, she wasn't.

"That's great." Aria said, humbly. She really meant it and Michael felt that. "I should be going." Michael grins and approached her. "Don't," she stepped back not wanting to hug him. She knew it would only make it worse. "Take care and, show 'em what you can do in those stadiums applehead."

"I always do." He laughed and blew a curl away from his face. "Take care."

***

Michael doesn't know anything about Tatiana. He doesn't know if she likes simple dates or some extraordinary fancy restaurant so he is going for the most expensive option. The limousine parks in front of the Drake Hotel, where she was staying in. Mike waited for 10 minutes until he finally saw her coming out of the door. When Jack, the driver, opened the car's door he said no. "Leave it to me, thank you Jack."

Michael gets out of the car and walks to the other side where she was standing. "You look stunning." Although mini skirts and V crop tops don't seem really attractive to Michael, somehow he likes how it fits her.

"Thank you." Tatiana nods and gets in the limousine.

"Comfortable?" Michael asks once he's inside as well.

"Very," she answers looking around. "This is very pretty! I like the color." Michael's limousine was black on the outside, with smoked windows and everything on the inside was golden with some black details.

"Yeah, Janet chose the colors. I wanted red to be honest." Michael examines around as well.

"I can see that you're a red fan." Tatiana comments and Michael giggles as she points to the red bomber jacket he's wearing.

"Mike, we're here." After five minutes Jack announces the arrival. Michael gets out and, once again, opens the door for Tatiana. He decided to take them to Boka, a new restaurant in Chicago around Lincoln Park.

"Welcome, Mr. Jackson." The waitress greets both of them and shows them their seats. The restaurant had only two more tables occupied. When Michael made the reservation he asked for a quiet environment because his presence could and would cause hysteria. So for his sake and the staff's it was better this way. "Here's our menu," the blonde waitress is too nervous. "We also made a special vegetarian dish for you, Mr. Jackson." Her hands are shaking.

"Oh," Michael sounds surprised. "That'll be it then, I appreciate it very much!" Tatiana runs her eyes through the menu and Michael takes the waitress' hands in his, murmuring 'relax'. She smiles and looks at Tatiana who was now checking them out.

"Miss Thumbtzen, have you decided?"

"Yes, I'll be having Porcini Campanelle."

*

"How did you start modeling?" Michael asks after some minutes of silence.

"Well, actually, I never aspired to be a model." Tatiana drinks a sip of water. "I started to dance at eight years old. Ballet." Michael smiles. "At thirteen, I got a scholarship and moved to New York to study in Juilliard School."

"Wow, I didn't know you danced." Michael says, nodding at her, wanting no know more.

"I did. I do actually but not like before. Through dance I got a modeling contract and at nineteen I flew all the way to Japan," she sighs and looks up, like she is remembering those times again. "Once I got inside the modeling world I never got out."

"You make it seem like it is a bad thing that you never got out." Michael is curious. In front of him there's a girl who he knows nothing about yet she, like everyone else, knows everything about him.

"Maybe it is. It's a crappy world, especially when you're just starting." Michael is about to ask another question but the food is coming, so he waits.

His vegetarian dish is so nice looking so he had to start eating. Tatiana gets caught up in her pasta as well.

"What about your family?" Michael wipes his lips with the white napkin.

"Let's see... My father, O'Cain, is the principal of a primary school and my mother, Evelyn, is an art teacher. I grew up at Clearwater in Florida, it's amazing there." Tatiana takes the fork to her mouth again. "This is delicious," she closes her eyes. "Yours?"

Michael grins. "Equally tasteful."

*

They're now eating dessert and talking about her musical taste.

"Michael!" Someone shouts. Michael takes his eyes away from Tatiana and looks at the transparent door. "Michael, is that your girlfriend? COME OUTSIDE MICHAEL!" Flashes of light hit the windows.

Great, paparazzis.

"Jesus, I knew this was too good to be true." Michael lets out his frustration. "I'm full, are you full?" He smirks at her.

"Exploding." Tatiana knows what he means. They need to get out of there.

 They need to get out of there

"Oh boy" xD