Chapter 28 | A year later

"Seriously, just look at him!" Michael is standing in front of the window looking at the miracle that Jonathan is.

There he is, a healthy boy again. Michael was able to put some sense into Olivia's head and she agreed to let Jonathan have the transplant. It took 8 months for him to get his new lungs and Michael paid for it all. Some hours after the surgery, Jonathan tested his lungs and tried to breathe with no tubes going into his nose - he fainted and minutes later his heart stopped. But just like Michael says, this boy is a living miracle and after some CPR interventions he came back to dear life.

"Mac!!" Michael opens the window and shouts. "Don't run around like that. You can still play and have fun while sitting down." 

Macaulay Culkin and Jonathan were best friends ever since they met here in Neverland. They were both 7 when Michael introduced them to eachother. When Jon went to Japan their connection died and now that he's back, Michael decided to call Mac right away. "Dude, I still can't believe you're in a movie." Michael overhears their conversation. "Can we watch it later?"

"Let them have fun!" Janet says from the kitchen. "Don't be a boring applehead."

"Jonathan, you'll faint again!" Michael shouts one more time and ignores Janet. "Stop running!"

"You know they're kids, right? They won't listen to you." Janet comes closer to Michael and stands right next to him in front of the open window. 

"Jonathan's lungs can't take that. He's still recovering, it's only been 4 months." Michael glances at her. 

"Sit down you little rats!!!" Janet screams with her mouth full of ice cream. This girl is always eating. "See," Mac and Jonathan finally sit their butts down on the grass. "I show 'em who's in charge around here." Janet turns around and walks to the couch. "Man, I want this couch... Can I have it, Michael? It's so damn comfortable." She lets her body fall down into the smoothness.

"No," Michael mutters. "You can't have my couch." He sits down next to her.

"Why not?" Janet takes another spoon of ice cream in her mouth. "It's not like you sit your ass here all day." 

"I do all night... Aria and I love this couch as much as you do, sister." Michael giggles, replaying in his head some wild moments that took place on that couch.

"Ew," she hides her face in disgust and gasps. "Too much information, bro." Janet laughs. "Talking about Aria... How do you think she's hanging on? I mean, where did this idea come from, anyway?"

"Gianni called last week and told her the whole deal." Michael puts his arms around the grey back pillows of the couch.

"Are you sad about it?" Janet asks, putting the empty bowl on the centre table. 

"I wouldn't put it that way," he shakes his head. "I'm actually, genuinely, freaking happy for her."

Janet smiles like the proud little sister she is. "But she won't be working for you anymore." 

"I don't care, I'm satisfied with just having her in my life. And it won't be forever, I think it's only a few months contract."

This sudden twist must be explained: Gianni Versace organized a partnership with UCSB College in Santa Barbara. He's basically promoting himself and giving fashion students a chance to work with him. But his new line is coming up and there's a lot going on in Italy, so he asked Aria for help. She'll be replacing him instead and be a teacher to the students. 

Of course, it all took a lot of thought in her mind. 

#flashback; three days ago; 11:34 pm#