Chapter 26 | Applehead

"They should be here at any minute." Michael sits on the bed and looks at the watch on his wrist.

"Yeah, Jonathan will be so happy to see you." Aria takes a step back from the mirror and turns around to face Michael. He's frowning and his eyes are thoughtful. "Are you okay?" She asks, feeling concerned. Aria knows he's not okay, this situation really messed him up.

"Yeah, I'm just... thinking." Michael sighs exhaustively, letting is body respond to gravity and fall on the bed.

Aria grins and lays next to him, resting her head on his chest. "May I know what you're thinking about?" She asks, playing with her fingers.

"I'm almost like reliving some moments in my mind," his eyes are locked on the ceiling. "I've always admired children. It all started when Janet was born... I was about 8 years old... Gosh I loved taking care of her. I was always working in the studio but once we got home, I couldn't wait to play with her." He pauses and chuckles. "And it was just the same with Jonathan... when I got the chance to meet him and be around him everyday I felt like I was meant to be a father. I felt like I needed that in my life." Aria runs her fingers on his chest while listening.

He continues, "One time I even wished I was his dad... He was such a gorgeous innocent child, I could hold him close all day." Michael smiles even wider, remembering how he used to hold Jonathan and take care of him when Stephanie was cleaning up or doing something important.

Suddenly Aria gets up and gasps. "I used to record you two all the time! I think I still have the tapes in my room." She smiles. "I'll be right back." Aria storms out of the room and starts to turn her drawers upside down.

After sometime, she appears in Michael's room again with a huge box of tapes. "Told ya." She smiles and opens the box.

"Jezz, there's so many footage! I didn't even remember you had these." Michael grabs some of them and reads the titles. There's some tapes of them in Disneyland, Zoo trips, Jonathan's first steps, Birthdays and so many more. "Let's watch this one," he stands up, puts the tape in the VHS player and turns on the TV. Seconds later, the tape starts.

"Awwwwww," Aria takes her hands to her cheeks. "He was so little!"

"HAHAHA," Michael lets out the biggest laugh ever. "Look, look! I remember this, he's going to start crying." Michael's eyes are so shiny and his smile is the warmest.

/tape/

"Jonathan, please stop crying." *Jonathan cries even louder*

"What did you do to him, Michael?" *Aria speaks*

"Nothing, I swear." *Michael giggles in a whisper*

"Do you wanna dance Jon? I taught you the other day, remember?" *Jonathan stops crying and smiles*  "Say hi to Ari, look at her behind the camera

"Do you wanna dance Jon? I taught you the other day, remember?" *Jonathan stops crying and smiles* "Say hi to Ari, look at her behind the camera." *they both wave their hands*