Chapter 3 | Back In Gary

"MICHAEL!" Frank Dileo, Michael's manager, runs to the park. "Are you out of your mind?" He asks, gasping.

"Relax, Frank," Michael and Aria stand up. "Nothing happened."

"Nothing happened? What if someone recognized you, Michael? You wouldn't have security around-"

"Someone will recognize me if you keep screaming," Michael chuckles and Frank turns around, leading them to the car.

"I will meet you later." Aria says to Michael and he frowns. "Well, I can't leave my car here. So..." She looks around.

"Well," Michael sighs almost in disappointment. "I guess I'll see you later then. You're coming, right? It starts at 9pm."

"Of course I will." Aria assures him, smiles and walks away. Right now Michael wishes he could just drive off with Aria because he knows that he is going to be given a piece of mind.

"Michael," Frank starts as Michael sits and closes the door. "If Joseph knows about this -"

"He won't." Michael is tired of being controlled. "And do I need to remind everyone around me that I am almost 30 years old?" That was another thing Michael wasn't prepared to. One more year is passing by and... he isn't happy. Although he has everything to be happy in life, what he really needs is love. True love.

As the car stops in front of the Langham Chicago Hotel, Dileo finally speaks. "I'll be at your door in 5 hours."

"Yeah, okay," Michael opens the door and gets out of the car. "See ya." He waves goodbye before being approached by security.

Tonight Michael is going to shoot the video clip for "The Way You Make Me Feel". He is still kind of unsure about it. Michael initially wanted girls to audition for the role. He wanted to see if they had the charm, sexiness even, to play the part. However, Frank insisted to surprise him, he said he knew a girl - model, actress and dancer - called Tatiana. That's all Michael knows about her. Nothing more, so... He hopes that she really is that good.

Just after brushing is teeth and jumping into his pajamas to take a nap, Michael grabs the phone next to his bed and dials Aria's number. Voice mail... Great, he thinks. He tries again but still no response. "She must be resting." He murmured to himself.

But no. Aria was far from being asleep or relaxed. She spend the afternoon rearranging Michael's outfit for the video. She stopped by the set, left the clothes there and now she was on the road, going to Gary. Since they are in Chicago for the shooting and Gary is only an hour and a half away, she could be back in time with no problems.

She parks the car a few blocks away from her old house around 6pm. The last time she stepped inside that house was 19 years ago to finish packing up her clothes to move in with the Jackson family.

Then she promised herself never to go back again. The truth is, she wants answers. Aria wants to know what happened to her father and her instinct tells her that he's around.

She keeps smiling and walking forward but suddenly stops in front of the house. The lights are on. Maybe there's someone inside. She remembers by heart every corner inside and outside that house so she goes to the back yard and takes a sneak peek through the window.

A family. There is a family, having snacks and watching TV. She can't help but smile and feel a little sad at the same time. That house used to be hers.

"Is everything alright?" A female voice comes floating on air. Aria quickly turns around.

"Hm," She takes her hands to her head. "Sorry... I was..." The lady smiles.