Chapter 16 | Love

"So..." Michael says.

"So..." Aria repeats.

"I don't know how to start this," he speaks and Aria sits in front of the door.

"Maybe you should start explaining why you didn't call me for three months." Michael turns around and faces her.

"There's a reason," he swallows. "It would be harder for me to handle the fact that you wouldn't be here. Calling you would be a reminder that I couldn't have you here with me." Aria knows he's telling the truth but she can't just forgive him like that.

"You know what?," she gets up. "I don't even care about the calls. I don't care about any of this."

"About Tatiana," he stands up as well and walks in her direction.

"What about her?"

"Were not together anymore." Michael looks down at his feet. Aria can't help but feel little drops of happiness inside.

"Why?" She asks and crosses her arms.

"I don't love her." Michael gets closer. She takes a couple of steps back but then there's the door. He tries, unsuccessfully, to hold in a grin.

"Hm, weird. You don't love Tatiana yet you dated her for 4 months." Aria's irony is showing up.

"I did it out of fear of loneliness." Michael confesses. "I dated her because she liked me and, in my head, I liked her. I do like Tatiana, but I don't love her," he sighs. "I lied to myself for 4 months," Michael stops. "Actually, I've been lying to myself for 19 years."

Aria smiles, knowing exactly what he means. "19 years?! What a sin, Michael." Aria jokes and looks down. She's not ready to look at his face yet. Not when he's so close.

"Yeah, it's a big one." He sighs and smirks. "You see," Michael crosses his arms. "There's this girl, she's so stubborn and irritating sometimes," Aria frowns. "But she's the prettiest girl I've ever seen. Pretty inside and out. I've been into that girl since she walked through my door and I know that she has been into me too."

"Maybe she's not so into you at all." Aria provokes.

"No, I'm certain that she is. I can tell by the way she looks at me." Michael leans his head. "It's like she wants to kiss me but she doesn't do it, so I'm going to help her." As Michael closes his eyes Aria moves her head to the side and manages to get way from Michael's soft grip.

"Maybe," Aria laughs. "She just wants to be your friend."

"Friend my ass." Michael pulls her closer and presses his lips, gently, against hers.

It's not just a kiss, it's something more powerful than that. The happiness they're both feeling right now is not even possible to put into words.

"I've waited so long to do that." Michael says after they lips break apart. He smoothly rubs his nose on hers.

"I'm tired of hiding my feelings for you." Aria puts her arms around his neck.

"What do you feel?" Michael asks and looks into her eyes. Everytime he does that, Aria melts. His eyes are so captivating, not just his eyes but everything in him is so engaging - even just the way his curls fall in front of his face is sexy. Probably, not even science will be able to explain the effect he has on her.

"I feel love," she giggles. "I love you, I've always loved you."

"I love you too," Michael's wide smile reflects tenderness. "Jesus, I want to scream it so everyone knows."

"Actually, we should scream so Janet hears it and lets us get out of here."

*