Chapter 43 | Africa | 5

The sky has switched colors and Aria wakes up to the sound of singing birds

The sky has switched colors and Aria wakes up to the sound of singing birds. While she tries to pull the sheets to the top of her head she notices that the bed feels lighter - Michael's side is empty.

Still rubbing her eyes she gets up and puts Michael's large shirt over her naked body. Aria takes a few steps forward and reaches the door, putting her head out of it suspiciously. Her eyes meet Michael who's about 32 feet from the cabin, lying on the ground. "Oh, there you are!" She yawns and paces in his direction. "I thought you had abandoned me." Michael chuckles and lets his exposed back fall a little more into the ground as if he's trying to melt with the earth and become a part of it.

"Good morning," he chants and tilts his head to the side to meet her sleepy face. Aria sits down next to him and starts placing short kisses all over his naked chest. "Stop it!" He laughs. "You're not having this amount of sugar for breakfast."

Aria lifts both of her eyebrows, sensing the confidence in his voice tone - she likes that. "I can have all of this sugar, believe me." She teases and leans down. "What are you doing here anyway?"

"What am I doing here?" He mocks, rolling his eyes. "You were snoring like a monster." Aria opens her mouth in shock and the way she looks at him lets Michael know that she's ready for a brutal tickling fight. "I'm joking, I'm joking!!" He is laughing amusingly and decides to sit up to breathe better.

"Of course you are, I don't snore." She defends herself.

Michael looks back giving her the 'Are you sure' look which made them both start laughing again.

"Oh jeez, I feel amazing..." he gently sighs. "I felt this... pressure on my chest when I woke up a while ago so I decided to come out here for air and when I look up the sun was rising," he smiles and Aria hugs him from behind, pressing his back against the life inside of her.

"And?" She leans her head and breathes slowly.

"You're going to find this weird," Michael shakes his head, brushing is index finger along his lower lip. "I... I sat down and everything around me started to shrink. The trees, the river, the dirt and the ground... Everything diminished until it was just me and the whole world before my eyes." Michael withdraws himself from her warm grip and turns around to face her. "Out of nowhere, I started humming these words... lyrics! And then the melody came along too just as easily and... I don't know... This happens to me so many times, it's strange."

"It's divine." Aria corrects him. "Can I hear it?" She holds his cold hands and with her honey-colored eyes, she encourages him to sing.

"Okay," he says excitedly. "I still haven't finished it-"

"Just sing what you have now!" Aria grins and pauses for him to start.

"Heal the world
Make it a better place
For you and for me
And the entire human race
There are people dying
If you care enough for the living
Make it a better place
For you and for me