Number 1 Scholar

"Mistress?."

Bai Ge occasionally saw her mistress smile brightly and happily, but it was rare to see her smile so gently.

As she saw Cui Ti in this state, Bai Ge suddenly remembered something. Cui Ti was not the type of person to celebrate her own birthday, but after much persuasion from Bai Ge, they began to celebrate it.

During those years, on her birthday, Cui Ti would always be unusually quiet. Even when spoken to, she would maintain a faint smile on her lips, just like she was now.

Bai Ge automatically ignored the "again" that Cui Ti said, merely believing that the mistress was sad and simply talking nonsense.

The youngest daughter beat her mistress and the madam didn't even bother to ask in concern, let alone enact justice!.

Before, she hoped that the mistress would get married as soon as possible and leave this indifferent Xining Mansion, but is it really good to be married?.

Bai Ge frowned.

For the mistress' fate, or even her own fate, she felt deeply powerless.

At this time, Cui Ti was 'looking' out of the window again in a daze.

Bai Ge didn't dare ask, or say anything, and turned around and looked for something to do.

She couldn't sit still. Bai Ge was afraid that if she was too idle, thinking about things and worrying about their situation, it would affect the mistress's mood.

Mrs. Xining is a proactive woman who takes action. When she received the completed portrait of her daughter, Cui Ti, she immediately began spreading the news that she was searching for a suitable husband for her daughter.

Naturally, because of the praise of the prime minister's wife, several families expressed interest and presented their sons as potential suitors.

The suitors were the second son of the Zhao family, a sixteen-year-old boy who was deaf in both ears and whose father held a fifth-rank official position, the nineteen-year-old lazy son of a concubine from the Qian family, and the fifteen-year-old one-eyed son of an admonition doctor from the fourth rank, the Sun family.

As the wives of these families came to Mrs. Xining's home to view the portrait of Cui Ti, they were taken aback by her beauty. They realized that physical imperfections such as blindness or deafness were not important, what mattered was good conduct, duty, and loyalty.

They praised Cui Ti's appearance, which was soft and gentle, not in a weak or cowardly sense. The crowd also praised Mrs. Xining for her ability to raise such an outstanding daughter with a great temperament despite her blindness.

After seeing off the crowd, Mrs. Xining went back to her room and looked at the name cards handed over by several families, and felt troubled. Among them, she felt that Mrs. Sun's son was the most compatible with Cui Ti, as Cui Ti was born beautiful and fully met the young man's strict requirement for beauty.

Mrs. Xining picked up the Sun family's proposal card, then picked up the Zhao family's card with her right hand, weighing the two, hesitating.

Both of the families had fathers and brothers who held official positions in court, but she still decided to further investigate.

What she found was that the gentleman from the Sun family had a very immoral and promiscuous character, with a lascivious temperament. He was known for being obscene and playful in his behavior, which made her reconsider her choice.

Mrs. Xining considered the second son of the Zhao family as a relatively better option, but his appearance was not up to par and couldn't be compared to Cui Ti's beauty, not even to Bai Ge.