Sins

The sun was setting, casting a golden glow across the sky and painting the Chenxiang courtyard with a serene aura. The two newly appointed maids for Cui Ti stood firmly in the courtyard, watching the sky.

Bai Tang, having finished her work, had nothing else to do but count petals as she sat down. Suddenly, she heard footsteps and muffled voices outside the courtyard.

Being the most vigilant of the three maids, she raised her head to assess the situation, always on guard against any potential bullies.

Cui Dai walked into their residence with a look of disgust on her face, accompanied by a string of followers. The Chenxiang Courtyard used to be her dominion, and she was resentful of having to cede it to Cui Ti.

Bai Tang observed her with caution, seeing her as a militant rooster protecting her chicks. Well considering her gender, she would be a very aggressive hen.

Seeing her like this, her favorability for the two new maids working with her raised.

Cui Dai and Cui Ti were sisters born to the same parents, with the elder sister being beautiful, gentle, and pitiable. Yet, how can the younger sister act so ugly?.

If Cui Ti is a lovely white magnolia that blooms in the spring and exudes purity and elegance, Cui Dai is like a delicate and wild pepper plant that grows in a water town, and turmoil appears to follow her wherever she goes.

"We greet Miss Dai," the two young maids said with a bow.

Cui Dai let out a soft snort and glanced at Bai Tang impolitely.

However, Bai Tang was no longer the same timid servant as before. She had grown up and now being the only close friend of Cui Ti since childhood, her every move and word portrayed that of a dignified mistress.

Observing Bai Tang's composed demeanor, Cui Dai reminisced about the days where that blind woman and her servant lived in the small, shabby south courtyard. The memory of Bai Tang guarding Cui Ti with all her heart was still vivid in her mind.

Knowing that she holds a lot of weight in the blind woman's heart, Cui Dai didn't pay any mind to her and asked the young maid next to her, "Where is your mistress?."

To her surprise, the young maid replied, "The Young Master and Young Madam are taking a nap."

"A nap?!" Cui Dai exclaimed, looking up at the sky. The sun had just begun to set, so why were they sleeping during the evening? Though she was unhappy with their behavior, Cui Dai didn't dare to make a big fuss because of Pei Xuan's prestigious status.

As Cui Dai refrained from shouting or commanding, the two young maids stood up. Seeing this, Bai Tang felt delighted and stood up too.

Seeing this, Cui Dai's eyelids twitched.

It is expected that esteemed guests be invited to the main courtyard with respect for a cup of fragrant tea and carefully prepared snacks. However, the maids from the Prime Minister's Mansion are more spirited than those from any other estate.

Since Miss Cui Dai dislikes their young mistress, they did not bother with such etiquette.

Liang Zhi, the head maid for the Xining Mansion, gestured for someone to bring a chair and said, "Miss, please have a seat."

Cui Dai's nanny moved her lips and furrowed her brows but did not dare to speak up.

Cui Dai reluctantly sat down, too young to understand what was amiss and feeling only impatience.

As the sun descended on the horizon, a heavy breeze drifted through the Chenxiang courtyard.

Inside a room, the bed curtains rustled, and the beauty reclining on the high bed slowly awakened. Her vision was still obscured by a thick haze, and she felt a surge of panic: "Husband!?."