Wedding Night

"The groom has arrived!." The announcement rang out.

Mr. Xining, who had been a distant parent to his eldest daughter for 18 years, felt a mixture of emotions. Despite his strained relationship with Cui Ti, he was still her flesh and blood, and sending her off to be married was a complex moment for him.

Seeing his strained expression, Mrs. Xining pinched his waist in annoyance.

Cui Ti, who had no biological elder brother, declined her mother's offer to have someone from the Cui family serve as her sedan chair bearer.

As the sedan chair made its eighth stop, Pei Xuan dismounted from her horse, the large red flowers in her chest fluttered in the wind.

Being the only 'son' of the prime minister, her marriage to the blind girl who lived in the south courtyard and raised by Mr. Xining was a significant event for the Cui family, so she came here without any delay.

Song Zizhen and Zheng Wuji stood by Pei Xuan's side in their best clothing.

With the sounds of trumpets and drums surrounding the street, many onlookers were gathered to observe the spectacle. As the sun began to set, casting an orange glow over the earth, Song Zizhen whispered, "Here comes the bride."

Cui Ti, dressed in a vibrant red wedding gown and hijab, was supported by Mrs. Xining and Bai Ge as she walked out of the pristine Xining Mansion.

The warm breeze of May rustled the willows, and Cui Dai, standing behind her mother, finally caught a glimpse of her future 'brother-in-law.' To her surprise, he was a young man with rosy lips and a bright smile.

"This son-in-law welcomes his father-in-law and mother-in-law." Pei Xuan bowed, and respectfully addressed them.

Mr. Xining's eyes lit up with excitement as he gazed at Pei Xuan, but suddenly he found himself at a loss for words in the face of Pei Xuan's gentle and sincere gaze.

However, after a few moments, he let out a soft sigh and said, "I entrust my daughter to your care. She was born blind and has faced many difficulties, so please take good care of her."

"Of course!."

Mrs. Xining saw Pei Xuan's gentle, courteous, and radiant face, as she smiled and handed Cui Ti's hand: "Son-in-law, this is your wife."

Pei Xuan gazed cautiously, then he called out "Cui" softly, and soon there was a soft answer from under the red hijab.

It was Cui Ti's voice, and her smile grew wider with each passing moment.

Cui Dai, who was standing shyly in the background, went pale with jealousy.

Despite her mother's refusal to allow her to take Cui Ti's place as a bride, this man at the pinnacle of society had married the blind woman.

Mr. Xining tried squeezing out a couple tears, and Mrs. Xining couldn't shed a single tear.

She was still thinking about the words that Cui Ti had told her yesterday.

To this sight, Pei Xuan's face remained unchanged.

She is confident that she will do better than them, and she will cherish the bright moon in the sky and the pearl that will soon be in her palms.

"Slow down and be careful."

With a few graceful steps, Pei Xuan escorted her soon-to-be wife into the sedan chair, eliciting jealous looks from many onlookers.

While doing so, she asked with concern, "Are you feeling okay?."

Cui Ti, her cheeks blushing, replied, "It's much better now, nothing to worry about."