Love is like Wine

In the Baishao Courtyard, Cui Dai with a mischievous grin plastered on her face strode back to her lavish home and impulsively knocked over the tea tray that the servants had so diligently prepared.

The scalding water spattered all over the servant girl's chest and hands, and some water fell on Cui Dai's cheeks.

She winced in pain and uttered a soft hiss, "You dumb b**h!."

The nanny attempted to calm her down, but Cui Dai's anger flared up, and she pointed her finger at the hapless servant girl: "Drag her out and give her thirty lashes! She's so clumsy!."

Cui Dai continued to rant and rave, blaming the servant for her perceived incompetence, and vented only a fraction of her pent-up frustration. Suddenly, another maid entered the room and announced: "Miss, the madam is here."

As soon as Mrs. Xining set foot into the Courtyard, she spotted a group of hefty women supporting a sobbing girl, who was pleading for mercy.

Afterwards, Mrs. Xining stuffed a rag into the poor girl's mouth to hush her sobs and impatiently waved her hand and exclaimed, "Release her! Why is she crying?."

"Mother!" Cui Dai stormed out, clutching her damp handkerchief. "Why are you helping her? She has offended me, so I can't let her off the hook!."

The servants retreated discreetly, and the young girl prostrated herself before Cui Dai and then caught up with the group of servants.

"Who are you punishing, and for what? You have no idea what's going on here!" Cui Dai welcomed her mother into her home, continuing to scold er.

But Mrs. Xining looked at her and exclaimed in shock, "What's wrong with your face?."

"It wasn't that young girl's mistake!." Cui Dai declared tearfully.

"Never mind, let mother have a look," Mrs. Xining said, stepping forward to examine her daughter's face.

Seeing Cui Dai's face, Mrs. Xining asked casually, "Why are you making a big deal out of a pimple?."

"B-but!."

Seeing that her words weren't making a dent in her mother, Cui Dai gritted her teeth angrily and remarked, "Look how proud she is! A blind man married the prime minister's son and climbed to a high branch. It seems she is pretending to not know who gave birth to her and raised her. Besides, what does brother-in-law like about her? I, I really can't figure it out!."

For this reason, she still felt ashamed of her, and thinking about her intimate actions at the dinner table, Cui Dai felt like vomiting!.

Mrs. Xining was speechless for a while, regardless of other things, with Pei Xuan's dignified status, no matter how arrogant they were, their reputation would soar and they would be held in a higher regard.

Pei Xuan's attitude was within her expectations, but her kindness and intimacy to Cui Ti was beyond her.

The mother and daughter were silent at the same time, looking at each other in blank dismay, there was nothing they could do.

...

In the afternoon, the sun was high and the Chenxiang Courtyard fell into silence.

Pei Xuan lay sideways on the bed that Cui Ti had slept in before she got married, admiring the begonia seeping in the ground out in front of her window.

She remembered when she first met Cui Ti, she found her sitting on the steps of a dilapidated tile-roofed house in the south courtyard. Her calm demeanor didn't match that of a blind person, which made Pei Xuan feel both uneasy and depressed when she found out about her condition.