Daughter

"This, this can't be..." Mr. Xining muttered in disbelief as he surveyed the run-down room, his eyes twitching with unease. He couldn't believe that he was allowing the prime minister's 'son' to suffer in such a way.

The word "Father-in-law" created an opportunity for Mr. Xining and Pei Xuan to bond with one another. Seeing that Pei Xuan still insisted on sleeping here, he anxiously winked at Cui Ti, hoping that his daughter could help persuade Pei Xuan.

But then he realized his mistake, as Cui Ti was blind and couldn't see him.

"Cui Ti, please persuade him. Wouldn't it be better for you two to live in the Chenxiang courtyard?," Mr. Xining pleaded.

Hearing his question, Pei Xuan who usually smiled warmly and was attentive to her wife turned into a frightening frigid person.

She usually had no superiority complex, but now she was really annoyed, and she brought out that noble aura which exerted a lot of pressure on the people inside the room.

This proves the saying: People with a good temper are more frightening when they get angry.

Mr. Xining turned pale with confusement, and his forehead was sweating profusely.

Cui Ti glanced at Pei Xuan who was sitting on the wooden bed from the corner of her eye, and seeing her frowning, she felt distressed and moved towards her for a moment.

Pei Xuan had done everything for her. Besides, if she persuaded him, Pei Xuan truly wouldn't care about this residence anymore.

She truly loved Pei Xuan, and after considering the situation, she shook her head, saying, "I married Pei Xuan and so I will obey my husband."

Mr. Xining's eyes widened, and before he could reprimand her, Pei Xuan raised her eyelids and said, "Father-in-law will listen to our request, right?."

That's right!

The corner of Mr. Xining's mouth twitched, no matter how powerful he is, how can he compare to his rich and powerful son-in-law?,

"S-son in law..."

But, Pei Xuan was indifferent: "See off the guests."

Just as Bai Tang was about to escort him, Ruo held down her hand calmly and stood up with a smile, "Master, please let me."

Now being part of Mr. Xining's family and belonging to the Pei family, Pei Xuan's words carried more weight than Bai Tang's actions. Although Mr. Xining may hold grudges, he would dare to bear a grudge against his own daughter. Besides, Bai Tang belonged to the Young Madam, and even if they did not interact much in the future, why not avoid trouble if they could?

Today, Mr. Xining had suffered a great deal of humiliation, and surely he had suppressed his anger.

Walking out of the small courtyard, Mr. Xining's legs and feet were weak and he almost fell down.

Fortunately, the nearby servants quickly supported him, and he looked back at the courtyard silently in the wind.

Naturally, he knew he couldn't blame Cui Ti for her decision, as she was a married woman who couldn't afford to offend Pei Xuan if she wanted to become 'his' wife. Thus, he understood her silence during their confrontation

However, what really shocked him was the transformation in Pei Xuan's demeanor. The 'man's' smile and coldness were like two different people. At only eighteen years old, Pei Xuan exuded such authority in that humble abode that Mr. Xining couldn't stand upright.

His son-in-law will do great things in the future, but has he already made enemies with 'him'?.

A wise man is bound to make mistakes, but this mistake could have been avoided!.