97

When Regan turned back to the compartment, her mother was still sleeping. She hoped they would find a way out of there or if the flight would even end. She didn't know how much time had passed but she was tired as hell.

As she sat down on her seat, she couldn't shake the intrusive thoughts about what he had done. She couldn't get over the fact that he had caressed her face.

"Why? Just why?" she mumbled, feeling her voice break. She couldn't start to cry again, she tried to shove his image and voice away from her mind.

Suddenly, Octavia shifted from her place, slowly opening her eyes. She glanced at Regan confusedly, lost in thought for a moment. Then, she turned back into reality and pulled her daughter into a tight embrace.

"I love you so much," she whispered.

"I love you too," Regan replied, hugging her mother back with equal love.

As they pulled away, Octavia sensed the worry and unease on Regan's face. Her eyes filled with concern and she took her hand in hers, "What happened, my dear? Did he do something?" she asked, her voice low.

Regan fought the urge to cry in her mother's arms. But she couldn't do it, not when he could come again and start his game once again. But she couldn't stay without telling her mother either. She felt as if she was going to suffocate if she continued to hold it.

"He-he....he touched my face and s-said some things. I don't want this anymore." She burst out again in tears and fell on her mother's arms.

Her mother held her close, her grip on her tightening, "Oh, my dear. Don't worry. I'll fix that for you. Don't cry. Please, don't. I'll give him a piece of my mind. He won't hurt you again. I swear." She said, her voice soothing and calm as she kept her daughter close. Regan buried her head in her mother's arms, crying once again. She knew she had to hold herself, but she was way too charged now.

"Thank you, mom," she mumbled through tears. Octavia stroked her hair and her voice was filled with determination, "Don't worry. I'll talk to him."

Her mother's words were comforting and Regan was more than grateful for her unwavering love and support. Slowly, she fell asleep in her mother's arms.

***

She woke up from a slight shake. Her eyes fluttered open and it was her mother. She felt relief spreading over her. She had seen too many nightmares.

"Sweetie, let's go," Octavia said.

Regan rubbed her eyes and yawned. Slowly, she got up from her seat and followed her mother's lead. As they stepped out of the vessel ship, they met with the warm breeze of the place. It was a familiar place, a beautiful place that made Regan suffocate. The sky was dark, painted in shades of red and purple. She glanced around, wondering where he was but she saw only his general, Vlad.

"Follow me," he said.

Regan frowned, not wanting to follow him at all. But her mother had her hand clasped and so they followed Vlad's lead. The scent of the roses filled her nostrils, making her dizzy and their haunting stares were making her cut and ruin them all. They were taunting her with their beauty, mocking her with their perfection. She felt foolish and choiceless.

"Sweetie, don't worry, we'll get out of this."

But Regan only shrugged. How could her mom say this, when they were entering the wolf's den?

The castle stood there, intimidating her with its darkness and beauty. It was dark as always with its towering spires reaching up to the sky, casting eerie shadows over the surrounding landscape. Regan felt a shiver run down her spine as she approached, the imposing structure looming over her with its menacing presence. Its beauty was unmeasurable but it was still overshadowed by the sense of foreboding.